My View: The Blonde, The Bullethead, and The Brilliant Ship (Semi-live B2B)

APDMOM

13 hours ago, APDMOM said:

Hi, Greg!  Great to see you too!  We thought about doing Trikes Cozumel, but postponed that until November.  Thanks for the tip about the helipad.  Taking pictures of the bridge is definitely on my list for Monday morning... Good thing I don’t have to drive home on Monday!  🙂  I think we get to the bridge around 4 a.m.  Will be up by then!

I totally forgot Trikes have expanded to other locations. When we were in Cozumel on Liberty last June I just stayed on the ship and enjoyed the Flowrider. Thanks for the reminder!

Greg

• Like 1

Back on the ship, we found this critter waiting for us.  We give our room steward off at night, as we do not need turn down service.  So, he surprised us with a daytime towel animal. 

B1C4A432-DEC5-4A5B-BFFB-82BC2FBC378A.thumb.jpeg.de5c5e815d4f7f49ecc4bb3b1f9940c3.jpeg

We are in one of the extended balconies by the midship elevators.  Unfortunately, there are no loungers, which defeats our purpose for booking this cabin.  The location is great if you stay up late, but the noise from the atrium is very loud.  They don’t settle down until after 11:30, and then there are people walking past our cabin talking loudly.  So, I do not recommend this location if you like to turn in early.  However, it is fun to be able to walk out to the atrium overlook and observe all the fun activities.

42F46871-9E42-4F52-A7D8-7341CAC501AE.thumb.jpeg.6abbfaeef9e83c0f1c61f615b2c21f1e.jpeg

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I got no pictures of the dinner dishes... I guess it is safe to say that food is the one thing I may enjoy more than taking pictures 😁

Day 3 Menu:

09ABAE25-A04D-4A30-A7E2-62CD907F51A3.thumb.jpeg.4ac839e7cd13ee98121f823f7ef03c4e.jpeg

The seafood cake, Beef short rib, chicken cordon blue and warm chocolate cookie were our favorites.

We are keeping it low key today... relaxing on the balcony.  Alas, the sunny skies have left us and the sunseekers will be indoors, which means more crowded spaces.

I will post some ship pictures as the day goes on.  

Thank you for following along on this “last” day.... of the first leg. 😁

I’m so glad I found this thread! We will be on Brilliance this summer, for a Baltics cruise. It will be our first as Diamonds, and having been on Jewel a few years ago, I’m especially excited to be going back on a Radiance class ship.

may I ask, how old is your son? Our oldest is 12, and this will be the first cruise since he has aged out of Adventure Ocean. Our youngest loves AO, but doesn’t like to go without his brother. I’m a little nervous about that!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, APDMOM said:

Early morning views - Good morning, Sunday! (I hope the time lapse video works)

4F9A7527-AADD-4805-B5C0-A6A67D82FE39.MOV

7298F91F-6CF8-473F-886F-A56CCB110E0F.thumb.jpeg.abae723664b47c9374584318522f1203.jpeg

In doing replies I don't normally quote with pictures.  However apdmom, I really love this photograph.  The composition and color is beautiful.  I would love to get a printed copy if we can work something out.

BTW:  I loved the Brillance when we did a 11 day med cruise on her several years ago.  Perfect size ship and I live the "wall of glass"  Hope you enjoy your second leg of the B2B

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gatour said:

In doing replies I don't normally quote with pictures.  However apdmom, I really love this photograph.  The composition and color is beautiful.  I would love to get a printed copy if we can work something out.

BTW:  I loved the Brillance when we did a 11 day med cruise on her several years ago.  Perfect size ship and I live the "wall of glass"  Hope you enjoy your second leg of the B2B

Thank you for the compliment!  I don’t know how well it will print, as it is an old iPhone.  I am happy to share it though!  Just e-mail me at APDMOM@live.com

🙂

5 hours ago, BearsAhoy said:

I’m so glad I found this thread! We will be on Brilliance this summer, for a Baltics cruise. It will be our first as Diamonds, and having been on Jewel a few years ago, I’m especially excited to be going back on a Radiance class ship.

may I ask, how old is your son? Our oldest is 12, and this will be the first cruise since he has aged out of Adventure Ocean. Our youngest loves AO, but doesn’t like to go without his brother. I’m a little nervous about that!

Hi, BearsAhoy!  Our son is 14.  He kind of marches to his own drum, which we allow as long as he is polite and well mannered 😉 He does not participate in the teen programs.   So, I am sorry I can not help you.  Hope they figure it out and have a blast!

4 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

Hi, BearsAhoy!  Our son is 14.  He kind of marches to his own drum, which we allow as long as he is polite and well mannered 😉 He does not participate in the teen programs.   So, I am sorry I can not help you.  Hope they figure it out and have a blast!

My kids are quirky, and I doubt my son will join in for the teen programmes.

Thanks, and enjoy the rest of your trip!