Docking at Tokyo

zqtchas

5 hours ago, zqtchas said:

Anybody know the address of where the Silver Muse will dock in Tokyo. What is the most reasonable method into the city from the airport?

Thanks.

There is an Airport Express bus that runs from Narita to a bunch of the major hotels (including the Grand Hyatt), or at least there was about three years ago. It seems to be called Airport Limousine Bus.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

They are about an hour apart.  HND is closest to downtown while NRT is in the boonies!

if you spend the night at the Ritz, they’ll pick you up at NRT in a very nice ride. :classic_smile:

A0993E10-57FE-4FA9-85F0-0691E5062114.jpeg

D5C43FB8-02BC-4EA4-8393-2923BD22F443.jpeg

Ahh life is good.

Found some old info posted by rojaan in '10-11 on topic.  Hope is still good.

Thanks all.

• Like 1

Reminds me of getting the Peninsula Roller in Hong Kong where we arrived elegantly at the front door. As the white-gloved footman opened the door for Mrs TTS she descended with elegance right up to the point where she tripped on the sill of the car and faceplanted herself on the concrete. 

Happy days! 

(The following was a few days later at the airport.) 

120.JPG

• Haha 1

Historically, Silversea ships dock at the Harumi Passenger Terminal. Based on that, and the Silver Muse length and draft, I would expect that the Silver Muse will dock there. 

Address is 

Location 5-7-1, Harumi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0053 Japan 
(HARUMI WHARF)

There are 2020 Olympics facilities under construction on Harumi Island. A new cruise ship terminal, Shinkyaku, is under construction on Odaiba Island, but won’t be in use until 2020 from what I have seen.   To further confuse things, there is currently another cruise ship terminal that handles larger  ships, called Oi. The cruise documents will specify the specific terminal.  

Narita Airport is quite far out of town.   The airport website has a section on Access which covers the options. Narita Express rail bypasses potential traffic issues. A taxi from the airport to Harumi Wharf is very expensive, in contrast.  The Airport Limousine Bus is also an option, but takes longer than the train.

That said, the bus takes you to the hotel of your choice, where a taxi to the dock  would be immediately available, solving the Now I Have To Drag My Two Checked Bags And My Carry On Through A Huge Crowded Train Station At Rush Hour issue!   Hotel staff can also help translate your destination to the driver. 

Cash is king in Japan.  Most but not all taxis accept credit cards. They will display the logo on the window. This may be subject to a $50 (5000 Yen) minimum. Tipping is simply not done.   To estimate your fare online, look for Tokyo Taxi Fare Finder. Japan Taxi is an app that allows credit card payment for any fare. That presupposes having internet access in Japan, of course.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

Reminds me of getting the Peninsula Roller in Hong Kong where we arrived elegantly at the front door.

‘Happy Days indeed!  It’s amazing how canaverous the back seat is.

i remember when we stopped at a stop light and I had the instant urge to roll down my window and ask the driver in the car next to us if he had any Grey Poupon?  I wonder if that ad campaign ran anywhere other than America?

• Haha 1