Current Explorer complimentary wine list

Juno56

I’m on the Explorer now.  There is not an official list of complimentary wines but Georgiana Constantine, the Head Sommelier, was kind enough to print a list for me from her computer.  The list seems pretty complete.  Not on the list are a couple of red wines from Chile and the Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand.  Note that the Sokol Blosser Pinot Noir is from Oregon and not from California.  Here’s the list:

5C41D302-324A-4933-90F6-087F62A08E5D.thumb.jpeg.a770bf86eb535c06b31d5283705f318f.jpeg15CFD54D-AF54-4B4D-B107-FB188FC10A8E.thumb.jpeg.e984fcdf6c06bf00c8d6fe0548cc92a4.jpeg

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, DaveFr said:

I’m on the Explorer now.  There is not an official list of complimentary wines but Georgiana Constantine, the Head Sommelier, was kind enough to print a list for me from her computer.  The list seems pretty complete.  Not on the list are a couple of red wines from Chile and the Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand.  Note that the Sokol Blosser Pinot Noir is from Oregon and not from California.  Here’s the list:

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this!  I hope you're having a splendid cruise.  Are you disembarking in Miami or continuing on to Lisbon?

34 minutes ago, Juno56 said:

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this!  I hope you're having a splendid cruise.  Are you disembarking in Miami or continuing on to Lisbon?

Your’re welcome.  We began our cruise in Santiago so we’re disembarking in Miami.  Enjoy your cruise.

Dave

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaveFr said:

Your’re welcome.  We began our cruise in Santiago so we’re disembarking in Miami.  Enjoy your cruise.

Dave

Hope that the second leg of your cruise was wonderful!  It's great that you were able to get a copy of the included wine list.  Georgiana is really a charm!  Not sure when we will meet up again on a Regent cruise but hope that it is sooner rather than later.

Thank you for the question and the quick response!

I can’t see any rosé listed there? Rosé is so popular in Australia but also of course in the Mediterranean region... I had hoped to be drinking a nice dry Provençal rosé on my balcony?

Can anyone comment please?

2 hours ago, victoriaw said:

I can’t see any rosé listed there? Rosé is so popular in Australia but also of course in the Mediterranean region... I had hoped to be drinking a nice dry Provençal rosé on my balcony?

Last year, on Mariner and Explorer, a Rosé was available (6eme sens, I think).

On Navigator last week they were serving a different brand but then ran out.

If you give Regent enough notice of what you would like they may be able to source and stock it for you on your cruise.

• Like 1

Thanks flossie. I have made a little note on my Butler’s request form but really surprised to not see it on wine list? Maybe is not so popular in North America??

It is VERY much the vin du jour here , might have to take my own aboard 😊

14 hours ago, victoriaw said:

I forgot about Roses.  I checked today and the Explorer has the Valestrel  Cotes de Provence Rose.  Also, if you want a sweet rose-like wine, there is a Beringer White Zin.

3 hours ago, DaveFr said:

I forgot about Roses.  I checked today and the Explorer has the Valestrel  Cotes de Provence Rose.  Also, if you want a sweet rose-like wine, there is a Beringer White Zin.

I know I asked about the champagne(s) in a different thread, but is Regent still pouring Heidsieck Monopole Blue Top at the bars and Jacquart Brut Mosaïque in the cabins?

Edited by Juno56

1 hour ago, Juno56 said:

I know I asked about the champagne(s) in a different thread, but is Regent still pouring Heidsieck Monopole Blue Top at the bars and Jacquart Brut Mosaïque in the cabins?

They’re pouring Blue Top in bars and in suites.  Hope this helps.

Dave

• Like 1

Very interesting to see the list of "included" wines...  thank you.

To anyone from Regent who might be reading this - why not do as Oceania does?  have a list of the included wines readily available in the restaurants and bars (and suites?) so people can just choose which wine they would like to drink.   Our experience with Regent has been that certain wines are poured each day.  We might or might not like them - we despise Sauvignon Blanc for example!  And then we have to prod the wine steward to tell us what our other options are.  A simple list would be SO much easier...

6 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Very interesting to see the list of "included" wines...  thank you.

To anyone from Regent who might be reading this - why not do as Oceania does?  have a list of the included wines readily available in the restaurants and bars (and suites?) so people can just choose which wine they would like to drink.   Our experience with Regent has been that certain wines are poured each day.  We might or might not like them - we despise Sauvignon Blanc for example!  And then we have to prod the wine steward to tell us what our other options are.  A simple list would be SO much easier...

Gerry - it could be that the Oceania list of wines is tiny compared to Regent's.  They can have their list of wines easily available in the restaurants.  On Regent, the list is so extensive that it would be difficult to have over 50 bottles of  wine ready in/by the restaurants each night.  When we order a wine that is not one of the specials, the wine steward has to go the the wine cellar to get the wine.  When the wine steward gets used to what we drink, they do make sure that a bottle if available every day in the area where we typically sit in CR. 

4 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Gerry - it could be that the Oceania list of wines is tiny compared to Regent's.  They can have their list of wines easily available in the restaurants.  On Regent, the list is so extensive that it would be difficult to have over 50 bottles of  wine ready in/by the restaurants each night.  When we order a wine that is not one of the specials, the wine steward has to go the the wine cellar to get the wine.  When the wine steward gets used to what we drink, they do make sure that a bottle if available every day in the area where we typically sit in CR. 

Probably true --  Oceania's list of wines "included in wine and beverage package" amounts to about 12 wines.  Still as long as you can ask the steward to get you, say, a Chardonnay instead of the atrocious Sauvignon Blanc, why not have a list?  At least he would not be fishing in the dark for something you might - or might not - like...

• 3 months later...

thanks for posting.  This is our first Regent cruise......  So you can order what you want, if it is not 'the wine of the day'?  Also in cabins.......  geez, as someone said on a different board "this is not a 1st world issue'!  but impt to my wine snob husband

21 hours ago, lesliebe said:

thanks for posting.  This is our first Regent cruise......  So you can order what you want, if it is not 'the wine of the day'?  Also in cabins.......  geez, as someone said on a different board "this is not a 1st world issue'!  but impt to my wine snob husband

Be aware that the avail list changes somewhat as the ship is restocked in different parts of the world. 

You can usually find a couple that are to your taste.

On 7/1/2019 at 3:43 PM, lesliebe said:

In a word:  Yes.

I've found that over the past 10 years the quality of the wines seems to have come down just a little bit...but having said that, there are always nice wines available.  If your husband is a wine guy, I highly recommend attending the onboard wine tasting at a minimum and the premium wine tasting (extra cost) for a real treat.  It's a great use for any OBC you might want to burn.

So at dinner you can go with the 'wine of the day' if you like it, any of the other included wines if you prefer, or you can order premium wines for an additional cost - which is usually a VERY nice price point for some great wines - no huge markups that I saw.  Lots of options - just be sure to get to know the sommelier early on in the cruise!!

7 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

In a word:  Yes.

I've found that over the past 10 years the quality of the wines seems to have come down just a little bit...but having said that, there are always nice wines available.  If your husband is a wine guy, I highly recommend attending the onboard wine tasting at a minimum and the premium wine tasting (extra cost) for a real treat.  It's a great use for any OBC you might want to burn.

So at dinner you can go with the 'wine of the day' if you like it, any of the other included wines if you prefer, or you can order premium wines for an additional cost - which is usually a VERY nice price point for some great wines - no huge markups that I saw.  Lots of options - just be sure to get to know the sommelier early on in the cruise!!

Thank you so much for that idea!  Our cruise isn't until 5/2020 so we don't have alot of information at this time about onboard activities.  Wish we had Obc to burn; our deal comes with none, but we do get cashback from the TA.

4 hours ago, lesliebe said:

Thank you so much for that idea!  Our cruise isn't until 5/2020 so we don't have alot of information at this time about onboard activities.  Wish we had Obc to burn; our deal comes with none, but we do get cashback from the TA.

Cashback - actually better than OBC in my opinion.  As I recall, the last premium wine tasting we did was about $169 pp and was worth every penny.  They sabered an amazing Dom Perignon to start things off and then went from there...it was a real treat.

• Like 1