future cruise credit vouchers

ZZRLAD

May seem a little over optimistic. However, can you buy the future cruise credits on board during your cruise and then apply them to another cruise in the future which you have already booked ?

thanks

7 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

No, part of the Terms and conditions is that they can only be used for new bookings.

Ok thanks for Host Hattie

Guess will use it as an excuse to book another cruise when on board then 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ZZRLAD said:

Ok thanks for Host Hattie

Guess will use it as an excuse to book another cruise when on board then 😉

4 hours ago, ZZRLAD said:

Best to hold a stock of FCD's and when next on board just top your stock up, then you can book either at sea or on land.  My Wife and I always carry six each.  Never yet missed out on additional OBC.  Your FCD money in never lost.

Another tip, become a Carnival shareholder for even more OBC

18 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

U.K. customers , FCDs only last a year. That is, you must make a booking within a year, not take the cruise.

Agreed FCD's only valid for bookings within a year of purchase, but we take 5/6 cruises per year and book cruises up to 18 months in advance.  Therefore, for us it's a no brainier.

Addendum 

Your Carnival Shareholding can be made part of your Pension Portfolio.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Addendum

Also if you do not use the Future Cruise Voucher then you lose the money for some reasoning in the US Cunard give them 4 yrs to book a cruise unlike 1yr in UK and if they dont use it they get it refunded. Unfair or what.

1 hour ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Agreed FCD's only valid for bookings within a year of purchase, but we take 5/6 cruises per year and book cruises up to 18 months in advance.  Therefore, for us it's a no brainier.

Addendum 

Your Carnival Shareholding can be made part of your Pension Portfolio.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, can't manage 5/6 cruises a year. But working up to it for when we retire........

I have bought the carnival shares and they are in a stocks and shares ISA so protected for when I retire...LOL

Will look to buy the future credits when next on bought in December. As will no doubt book another one before the 12 months is up.

30 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Also if you do not use the Future Cruise Voucher then you lose the money for some reasoning in the US Cunard give them 4 yrs to book a cruise unlike 1yr in UK and if they dont use it they get it refunded. Unfair or what.

Agree Majortom, unfortunately many things in life are unfair. Just have to get on and make the most of it. Life's too short to worry about these things. Maybe we will be rewarded on day..... LOL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZZRLAD said:

Agree Majortom, unfortunately many things in life are unfair. Just have to get on and make the most of it. Life's too short to worry about these things. Maybe we will be rewarded on day..... LOL

But as long as we get on and make the most of it then Cunard will carry on treating US cruisers better than those in the UK and nothing will change.

11 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

But as long as we get on and make the most of it then Cunard will carry on treating US cruisers better than those in the UK and nothing will change.

as i said, agree with you. They seemingly have many more beneficial terms than the rest of us. Good for them. However, we still sail with Cunard despite the inequality. Doesn't stop us voicing our discontent when the opportunity arises though, which I do in feedback to Cunard. But its not worth losing sleep over.