Bam to back with one booking number

jjwoben1

14 minutes ago, jjwoben1 said:

How can you do online check in, shore excursions, dining, etc with one booking number?  Booked onboard and was not told I could not use website.

The Website will work  for dining, but you will have to wait until your reservations window opens for each segment.  

1 hour ago, jjwoben1 said:

How can you do online check in, shore excursions, dining, etc with one booking number?  Booked onboard and was not told I could not use website.

1 hour ago, StanandJim said:

The Website will work  for dining, but you will have to wait until your reservations window opens for each segment.  

Until just this past week, you could not register (on the Oceania website) a custom made B2B "combination" cruise (i.e., two segments NOT advertised as an "extended journey" but having a single booking number). When you would enter that number, it would give you a message to contact Oceania (or your TA).

If your multi-segment cruise is an official "extended journey" offering, you can register it on the O website and you can do both segments' dining reservations on the opening reservation date of the first segment (per your cabin category) as long as you use each segment's allotment during it's cruise dates. Likewise, you can book excursions et al. for both segments online.

As for the past problem of no registration for the "combo" cruises: O's IT folks have been working on it and it is supposed to have been fixed during this past week. I had tried it (pre-fix) for a "combo cruise" we recently booked onboard and it didn't work. However, I haven't tried it again since I was notified about the "fix" completed this past week. 

If I understand correctly, registration, scheduling, purchases, etc should now work for the "combos" with one booking number as is already the case for the "extended journeys."

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Direct all kudos to Mike Moore and his fantastic IT team.

Kudos?  Are you kidding?  This has been handled  poorly for months.  For months it has been poor coordination, no communication, misinformation, frustrated TA’s, dozens of phone calls for everything from dining reservations, shore excursions, etc... and not one notification or update.  Even their own employees didn’t know what was going on and gave conflicting information.   No kudos from us.  Nothing from Oceania except dozens of brochures.  I can get those several times a week but not one update about this.  

6 hours ago, pauon said:

Kudos?  Are you kidding?  This has been handled  poorly for months.  For months it has been poor coordination, no communication, misinformation, frustrated TA’s, dozens of phone calls for everything from dining reservations, shore excursions, etc... and not one notification or update.  Even their own employees didn’t know what was going on and gave conflicting information.   No kudos from us.  Nothing from Oceania except dozens of brochures.  I can get those several times a week but not one update about this.  

As usual. your delightful lighthearted post is a joy to read.

Temper your demands with a little honey, next time, and maybe a response will appear.

A word to the wise should be sufficient.  :classic_dry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Direct all kudos to Mike Moore and his fantastic IT team.

No kudos here either. This was an ongoing problem for well over a year and should have (could have?) been solved shortly after they became aware of the problem.

5 hours ago, bigmjh said:

No kudos here either. This was an ongoing problem for well over a year and should have (could have?) been solved shortly after they became aware of the problem.

Perhaps some of us are forgetting the major overhaul of the Oceania website over a year ago and the significant improvements we now have (e.g., the intuitive excursion booking mechanism that assures the lowest net cost and the multi-segment dining reservations, which initially accommodated the "extended journeys" and now has been tweaked to handle the custom combo B2Bs).

I'm no tech maven nor am I saying that things could not have gotten better faster with more IT resources (no doubt, at an ultimate dollar cost to us). Rather, my point is that, unlike so many other cruise lines with far worse websites and terrible customer communication, I have found Mr Moore (who is now responsible for three NCLH cruise lines' IT operations), to be extremely responsive - both here on CC and in personal communications about website issues.  

BTW: In general, I have found a number of Oceania's management personnel to be responsive to reasonable inquiries and suggested solutions that are efficacious (e.g., the name tag changes, the reversal of the decision to allow e-cigarettes et al.)

11 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Perhaps some of us are forgetting the major overhaul of the Oceania website over a year ago and the significant improvements we now have (e.g., the intuitive excursion booking mechanism that assures the lowest net cost and the multi-segment dining reservations, which initially accommodated the "extended journeys" and now has been tweaked to handle the custom combo B2Bs).

I'm no tech maven nor am I saying that things could not have gotten better faster with more IT resources (no doubt, at an ultimate dollar cost to us). Rather, my point is that, unlike so many other cruise lines with far worse websites and terrible customer communication, I have found Mr Moore (who is now responsible for three NCLH cruise lines' IT operations), to be extremely responsive - both here on CC and in personal communications about website issues.  

BTW: In general, I have found a number of Oceania's management personnel to be responsive to reasonable inquiries and suggested solutions that are efficacious (e.g., the name tag changes, the reversal of the decision to allow e-cigarettes et al.)

Well, that was a bit of a ramble, was all over the bard, and made no sense.  Name tags ?  E cigarettes ?   The post was about B2B  web site problems.   

4 hours ago, ORV said:

I understood completely what he was talking about and tend to agree. It's a lot easier to sit back and criticize than to actually accomplish something. 

Well look who showed up for the party.  No one said they didn't understand.   Did you have a B2B affected by this mess?  I had two.  As a business they need to do better.  As a consumer, I can criticize all I want.  They failed at a simple task.   There is no way to offset the poor way they handled this.  You can argue and defend them all you want, they blew it.  Now it is fixed.  Move on.      

4 hours ago, ORV said:

I understood completely what he was talking about and tend to agree. It's a lot easier to sit back and criticize than to actually accomplish something. 

Not my job to "accomplish something" as a passenger.   My "job"  is to pay, abide by Oceania"s very simple rules (that 6-7 people here seem to want to dominate and complicate), and enjoy my cruise and hope people can mind their own business.   Your statement is one of the dumbest things I have seen on the Oceania Board and there are some doozies here !  

Edited by pauon