Breakfast menu in the Yacht Club aboard the Seaside

cmdchiefthom

I'm boarding the Seaside in a couple of weeks, and I'm curious what is on the morning menu.  I love omelets to order, mushrooms, onions etc.  perhaps pancakes, waffles, steak and eggs etc.  Can anyone here tell me if those sorts of items are on the menu?  One more question is what's served in the grill on the sun deck? Any answers would be appreciated.:classic_smile:

On our cruise earlier this month we ate outside on the sundeck most days. They serve until 10:00, with made to order omelettes/eggs, other breakfast staples, as well as lovely mimosas and cappuccino. No better way to start the day! On a particularly lazy day we did head to the Biscayne Bay Buffet on deck 16 that served breakfast later, 10:30-11 depending on the day. No crowds by that late time and we found it convenient and satisfactory. Oddly, we never did make it to the YC restaurant for breakfast. 

Lucky you, enjoy your cruise!!

1 hour ago, cmdchiefthom said:

I'm boarding the Seaside in a couple of weeks, and I'm curious what is on the morning menu.  I love omelets to order, mushrooms, onions etc.  perhaps pancakes, waffles, steak and eggs etc.  Can anyone here tell me if those sorts of items are on the menu?  One more question is what's served in the grill on the sun deck? Any answers would be appreciated.:classic_smile:

Yes, all of the above are available on the YC breakfast menu plus many other choices.  If you enjoy a quiet time at breakfast then the restaurant is the way to go.

We will go to the one pool grill if in port and it's not real windy.  During time ship is under way, it can be pretty breezy up there.  The restaurant has the usual continental breakfast, good pastries, full+ breakfasts, eggs to order, and it's the same menu every day.  We try different items but always have eggs Benedick at least once.

19 hours ago, floridian1 said:

Do they have cereals and donuts? How's the French toast?

French toast on Preziosa was worse than freezer. Pre-cooked and warmed over. Very hard throughout. Pepe saw my displeasure and went back and made me pancakes. He saw that the kitchen's first effort was not appropriately sized for an American's taste and he used that as a teachable moment for his staff.  😀

The pancakes were a very nice diner style buttermilk pancake.

Dennis

Edited by kelleherdl

1 hour ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

I am looking forward to just a simple omelet and fresh fruit. I just like to graze but wondered about the grits. Are they Waffle House smooth grits or Hominy course grits? I prefer smooth grits so I was wondering.

On the Seaside last December the grits in the YC Restaurant were excellent.  They were coarse milled, but not as coarse as hominy. I would say more closely to Waffle House than hominy. I was actually surprised that MSC would serve such a good quality plate of grits.

Dennis

Beyond breakfast, the food was amazing all week long.

The top deck pool grille continues to shine; adding cooking shows and special open cooking at lunch.

The YC restaurant is 'what you make of it.  You need to make sure they understand what you want.  We'd been in YC for 4 previous weeks and knew a number of the staff so it was a breeze for us.  Again, just tell them 'what you want and how you want it prepared.

Some pics.

Shellfish stew and pasta at the pool grille.

Pumpkin risotto at the YC restaurant.

I believe a strudel.

Lots of 'artwork at the pool grille.

IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0470.JPG

IMG_0507.JPG

IMG_0481.JPG

2 hours ago, kelleherdl said:

On the Seaside last December the grits in the YC Restaurant were excellent.  They were coarse milled, but not as coarse as hominy. I would say more closely to Waffle House than hominy. I was actually surprised that MSC would serve such a good quality plate of grits.

Dennis

This is great news! Thank you so much, I love grits.

1 hour ago, Formula280SS said:

French toast, with fruit and side of crisp bacon was wife's favorite.

IMG_0547.JPG

Perfect crisp bacon. I see bacon, grits, and fresh fruit in my future.

• Like 1