Quick Question on San Diego Cruise dock

Hi! A quick question for those of you that have cruised from San Diego. I've posted this on the disabled board and there was a suggestion that I also post here.  How long is the walk to get on the ship in San Diego? We will be renting a scooter for my husband to use on our cruise but we were wondering how long the walk is from the dock onto the ship. He can walk  but will have a wound boot on and it can be tiring. I  was trying to decide whether or not we should request a wheelchair for embarcation. We are familiar with Ft Lauderdale and Baltimore but not the West Coast ports. Thanks for any help. 

Barb

Agreed the nose of the ship almost touches Harbor Drive if you Google it.  In fact I just did and if you Google San Diego you can see where the ships dock.  From the street to the terminal entrance is probably less than 100 yards.  It's been a long time since we sailed from SD but it seems just when we have been there for a long weekend the taxis actually pull even closer than the street side.  

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

5 minutes ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Agreed the nose of the ship almost touches Harbor Drive if you Google it.  In fact I just did and if you Google San Diego you can see where the ships dock.  

This whale watching boat came in a little too close...

Edited by OneSixtyToOne