Tell me everything about leaving from New York

allyfrizzle

24 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Hey Red Sol

I would love to but hell will freeze over before my wife goes on another 14 day out of NYC in the winter LOL. We are going to Bermuda October 6th on the Escape and we are looking at a 10 or 11 day on the Epic out of San Juan in February. Going south on our cruise on the BA was OK, but the last two days coming back were miserable Lol

Escape is a cool ship...just did it as 14 day this past January. Epic IMHO is also a cool ship. I know it gets a lot of bad reviews but we have done it 3 times and always enjoyed it...It would actually be my favorite ship if it had a waterfront like some of the others. But the setup on the pool deck there and spice H2O is the best. We are starting to look at 2021 and there is a 14 day Gem cruise out of New York (Winter again though) that will be going to 9 ports instead of 8 which sounds interesting..what to do what to do :classic_smile:

Edited by Red-Sol

5 minutes ago, Red-Sol said:

Escape is a cool ship...just did it as 14 day this past January. Epic IMHO is also a cool ship. ((I know it gets a lot of bad reviews but we have done it 3 times and always enjoyed it...It would actually be my favorite ship if it had a waterfront like some of the others. But the setup on the pool deck there and spice H2O is the best. We are starting to look at 2021 and there is a 14 day Gem cruise out of New York (Winter again though) that will be going to 9 ports instead of 8 which sounds interesting..what to do what to do :classic_smile:

We have done the Escape twice, once out of Miami and last September on a cruse to Bermuda which we were side tracked to Florida and the Bahamas. We made Port Canaveral and GSC.....go figure we missed Nassau and had three sea days coming back. Never been on the Epic, it looks very interesting. The Gem is by far our favorite ship in the NCL fleet

Sorry allyfrizzledidn't mean to hijack your thread

Edited by Laszlo

4 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

We have done the Escape twice, once out of Miami and last September on a cruse to Bermuda which we were side tracked to Florida and the Bahamas. We made Port Canaveral and GSC.....go figure we missed Nassau and had three sea days coming back.

All I can say about that is *OUCH* 😮

We've found that boarding NCL ships in NYC starts by 11:30am.   

Glad you got an earlier flight--hope it is a non-stop.   They did the right thing by changing you for $0!!

We cruise mostly from NY or NJ since we live here, and the ride out of NY harbor never gets old to us.  All the old and new buildings; Freedom Tower, old Lackawanna station on the NJ side, State of Liberty--definitely an outside somewhere location for this!   

Have a great cruise.  We enjoyed Escape a lot.  (heck, I don't think we've cruised on a ship we didn't enjoy)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Red-Sol said:

Hey Laszlo and Randy...why don't you both come and hop on the January 19th 2020 14 day Bliss cruise...we can then commiserate together about leaving from Manhattan 😉 (Truth be known though it isn't really all that bad....*sometimes* :classic_biggrin: )

Hijacking takes a team . . . 

Well, it's like this. We are taking the Bliss 12/1/19, so that's kind of close together. Enjoy your cruise and hope for no itinerary changes. ETA: we're looking for a slot pull coordinator, maybe you can switch 😎 

This past January we cruised out of Miami on Symphony OtS. I only wish that  Manhattan functioned as smoothly; I think it was 1/2 an hour from hopping out of the shuttle until we were sitting down for lunch.

Edited by CPT Trips
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, mizLORInj said:

We've found that boarding NCL ships in NYC starts by 11:30am.   

Glad you got an earlier flight--hope it is a non-stop.   They did the right thing by changing you for $0!!

18 hours ago, mizLORInj said:

Have a great cruise.  We enjoyed Escape a lot. 

I think Escape is my favorite ship. I love the District Brewhouse and the bars and the service. It's just great overall.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TPgal said:

I did not create this, but a fellow CC person posted it on his page and welcomed people to view it.   It's a 1-page guide of what you can see during sail away.  It's AMAZING.  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11wyIxX76io-a4tg3fq0lMDXC2s_ZDEHA/view?usp=sharing

This is SWEET! Exactly something I was looking for!

WOW That link has a lot of info on it!  A lot to view along the Hudson River.     

Note that Ambrose tower is long gone (last item listed).   The channel markers just come to an end about an hour after you've passed under the bridge.   You'll see the pilot boat hanging out at this point for the pilot to leave the ship.   

• Like 2