Sky Princess Photo Contest

mtfasls

I submitted about 9 pictures on 11/12/18 and also have not heard anything. They were targeted for the Sky Princess I believe.

I went back and just checked pictures submitted for the Royal, and I heard about my pictures for the Royal, submitted late in 2011, in in May or 2012.

• 2 weeks later...

Having just got off the Caribbean Princess we realized just how much we missed those photos. 

Thank you all for submitting your pictures. I can't wait to see them on our January Sky cruise. 

Edited by tere247

There was a contest where passengers submitted photos from their cruises.  The winning photos were enlarged and displayed along the corridors on each deck. The name of the photographer as well as the ship, but not the port, was printed on a little plaque.  Pictures displayed are very nice and a pleasure to look at. They are on the Regal Princess and the Royal Princess and I assume the Magestic Princess as well.

5 hours ago, tere247 said:

There was a contest where passengers submitted photos from their cruises.  The winning photos were enlarged and displayed along the corridors on each deck. The name of the photographer as well as the ship, but not the port, was printed on a little plaque.  Pictures displayed are very nice and a pleasure to look at. They are on the Regal Princess and the Royal Princess and I assume the Magestic Princess as well.

And these photos are much more fun to look at than what is displayed by the ships art department.

• Haha 1

I have a photo on the Royal that is so cool to see hanging on deck 15 when we sail on her. It was entered in a similar contest when she was being constructed.

I didn’t hear about the Sky contest in time to submit one though. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nukesubsailor said:

And these photos are much more fun to look at than what is displayed by the ships art department.

For sure. We have even walked on other decks just to see different pics

I submitted 3 or 4 too.  It's funny you posted this topic because I was just wondering the same thing myself yesterday.

I really enjoyed seeing those on the Regal.  It encouraged me to get more exercise by walking all of the decks that had them.  There are some really fantastic shots!  Looking forward to seeing my best friend's pic on the Royal. 

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

13 hours ago, tere247 said:

I can confirm they are on the Majestic. A friend we cruised with in 2016 took a picture of my photo hanging in the Majestic last fall.

13 hours ago, tere247 said:

The contest for the Royal limited submissions to 6 pictures. This time it was unlimited. I submitted at least 10 pictures from our Pac Rim cruise leading up to the cut off date in November 2018

15 hours ago, tere247 said:

For sure. We have even walked on other decks just to see different pics

If I remember right, they indicated they were going to take about one thousand pictures out of what was submitted for the Royal. I don't remember the number for the Sky. Maybe one of our small print readers caught it (now's your chance sea&sun!).

I entered this contest, but haven't heard anything. Sun&Sea is right, main winner was supposed to be notified March 20th but Princess are often late with announcing winners. There's still a chance, fingers crossed. I was particularly concerned about the sizing required. Many of my photos didn't fit, so I only entered three.

The rules are actually still up and searchable via google. Says "Up to nine hundred ninety-nine (999) verified Entrants’ Photos will be displayed in the corridors of Sponsor’s Sky Princess Cruise Ship."

Edited by AlibearNS

• 4 weeks later...