Canvas By U!

skynyrd

On 3/20/2019 at 4:37 PM, skynyrd said:

I know this is offered on the Escape but is this also offered on the Dawn?  I have an upcoming trip in June and I really enjoyed this on the Escape.  Hoping it's fleet-wide?  Thanks for any input. 

you can usually get it cheaper than $35 via groupon.com at your home city.

realnurse2-Canvas by U is basically a painting "class" although no teaching is done.  You are shown a finished canvas of whatever the 'picture of the day' is and then you paint it yourself.  You are provided with the blank canvas, paints and brushes that will be needed.  I encourage others to put their own interpretation to the picture.  Don't try to copy the display stroke for stroke.  I have done this before in a local class and it is such a hoot.  It really doesn't matter whether you think you have talent or not.  Just let yourself go with it and you just might surprise yourself.

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:08 PM, tarps14 said:

realnurse2-Canvas by U is basically a painting "class" although no teaching is done.  You are shown a finished canvas of whatever the 'picture of the day' is and then you paint it yourself.  You are provided with the blank canvas, paints and brushes that will be needed.  I encourage others to put their own interpretation to the picture.  Don't try to copy the display stroke for stroke.  I have done this before in a local class and it is such a hoot.  It really doesn't matter whether you think you have talent or not.  Just let yourself go with it and you just might surprise yourself.

I thought they'd have an instructor showing you how to paint it? If it's just looking at a painted canvas and then trying to copy it, I'm not sure if I'm interested.

2 hours ago, kren250 said:

I thought they'd have an instructor showing you how to paint it? If it's just looking at a painted canvas and then trying to copy it, I'm not sure if I'm interested.

An instructor takes you through step-by-step on how to replicate the sample. The session is designed to take an hour. All of the supplies required are provided (paints, brushes, aprons). 

In the photos above, the picture on the right is the sample. The painting on the left is the insteuctor’s current cersion. 

Edited by BirdTravels

I've done this on the Dawn and the Getaway.  Lots of fun.  Some of it depends on the confidence of the crew member "teaching" the class though.  Shirley on the Dawn was so much fun and did a great job instructing the class!  Can't even remember the guy's name on the Getaway who did the class. He did not do so great.  I'm pretty sure the canvas board is 11" x 17", but I would need to double check.  You are provided a plastic apron to protect your clothing.  Most of us used it to wrap the painting after it dried.