Do I have this correct (port everglades)

smurf1635

Long story short, we are starting our vacation in Orlando.  We are in need of renting a car in Orlando and returning in Ft Lauderdale, preferably at the port.  I understand Alamo (Eller Dr)  is the one closest to the port (I'm thinking I've dropped off there before) but I'm also looking for options.  Budget on 17th street and Avis {code qf1} also offers a cruise port shuttle? Are any other companies just as convenient?

After our cruise, we have a rental booked using Enterprise, at the airport.  I can't find a cruise port location, that is open.  I also feel that the airport location for pick up is a good choice as the rental car locations at/near the port are kind of crazy for pick ups?  We are a group of 7, what is the best option for getting to the port?  I understand there are no longer rental agency shuttles to the airport? What can we expect to spend to get to the airport using a taxi vs uber/lyft?

Thank you so much for your patience and time.

Robin

If you look around, there are many threads on rental cars at Port Everglades, including maps on locations. Such as these:

Specifically about Alamo:

Here is one with maps and lists:

For seven people, and luggage, your car type is pretty limited, which means perhaps limited availability at the off airport sites. You may need to split into two taxis to get to the car rental site you chose. 

Yes, be careful with your choices! The locations you are talking about do not do port transfers! And Alamo may not be the closest - it depends on your terminal!

Here is one of the images in the articles Bruce refered to I believe. These are currently the ONLY locations with port transfers.

You can read more here: Car Rental at Port Everglades

Everglades-Car-Rental-with-shuttles.jpg

Edited by SteerageJoe

Whoever is driving should drop the others, with luggage, at the ship and then proceed to the car return, whichever location you choose.

If  airport car return is your choice, taxi fare back to the ship is in the $15-20. range.  Uber would be a little less.

You can always use Uber or Lyft if the rental agency doesn't offer shuttle service.  The cost is minimal (depending upon time and distance) and the service is usually excellent.  We did a pooled Uber 2 weeks ago from terminal to Embassy Suites and it was under $8 plus tip.