Seaside 3/23/19

dexddd

On 3/26/2019 at 9:25 PM, Aloha 1 said:

That's an absolute disgrace. You'd think they would understand, as my son says, that this is "The most wonderful time of the year". So, second question would be can you stream video with the top internet package?

UEFA qualifiers are on, I  can't imagine how anything could take precedence over those.

8 hours ago, dexddd said:

So NCL has Canvas By You class but MSC has Shank By You class.

To be useful for chair hogs.

No kidding, is that pointed blade under 4" and thus TSA compliant, looked like it can inflict serious things.  Just kidding, of course.

Those food pictures causing serious problems in our private gallery, in comparison, looking so much better than NCL's MDR & Specialty selections, drowned in dark, thick sauces & gravies these days.  Not to mention the portions & sides are more American-sized, looking delicious.  

It also meant that satellite WiFi - internet is up and running again; and, you are posting at sea.  With 3 GB of "free" WiFi data at sea - that's easily 1,000 minutes (using my own NCL benchmarked estimates of 3-4MB data per minutes of data traffic) - should easily stretch to 16 hours of continuous use or 2 to 3 hours of planned & metered usage for a week, that's pretty generous ... yours truly would find it very good to excellent, as you know, I managed to squeak by 15 days with just 320 "free" NCL data minutes on the Escape recently.  

Last AIS data about 2.5 hours ago has the Seaside southeast of Key Largo, FL doing almost 20 knots for a very early arrival into Nassau in the overnight/pre-dawn hours. 

Enjoy your relaxing day tomorrow ... catching more good shows or bar hopping this evening, whatever - happy happy !!    

@dexddd - those food portions are very generous, unlike NCL these days.

Today, we hit up locally for a Seafood Feast for 2, enough to share by 3 ... but I think your lobster tail looks bigger. 

Keep those pictures coming.

20190329_143541.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Oh dear!  I had thought the sewage smell issue had been solved!  You say it is IN one of your cabins?!  All the time?!

There was always 2 sewage smells, the cabin one is because the washroom floor drain trap has dried out. This is easily cured by slowly pouring a couple of glasses of water down the drain until the trap is full again. 

The deck 18 issue has largely been cured, but sometimes the wind is in the wrong direction.

I knew about the solution to the bathroom smell from Chengkp75 but the OP’s description in post #45 says it is there every time they go to that cabin.  And in the cabin...that’s not depending on how the wind is blowing.  I have a 14 night cruise booked in 18003 so this really  has me worried!!

4 hours ago, floridian1 said:

Our cabins are also on deck 18 and this is the first I've read about sewage smells inside the yacht club..very concerned 😮

I don't know when your cruise is but knowing how the YC operates, I am sure they are doing their utmost to correct any sewage odors. I have been on both deck 16 and deck 18 and never experienced any odors, but that's not to say that something hasn't gone "amiss"! Hopefully, by the time you cruise, all will be rectified. Being in the YC is a wonderful experience. Enjoy!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gimletgal said:

I don't know when your cruise is but knowing how the YC operates, I am sure they are doing their utmost to correct any sewage odors. I have been on both deck 16 and deck 18 and never experienced any odors, but that's not to say that something hasn't gone "amiss"! Hopefully, by the time you cruise, all will be rectified. Being in the YC is a wonderful experience. Enjoy!

We joked that we were going to buy some diffusers to make it smell better.  We did buy three to bring home.

20 hours ago, floridian1 said:

Our cabins are also on deck 18 and this is the first I've read about sewage smells inside the yacht club..very concerned 😮

We walked around 16 and 18 and really only noticed it in one small area.  Bath with door closed actually smelled fine.  Room would smell sometimes more than hall so maybe in venting or ac?

On 3/29/2019 at 5:09 PM, mking8288 said:

@dexddd - those food portions are very generous, unlike NCL these days.

Today, we hit up locally for a Seafood Feast for 2, enough to share by 3 ... but I think your lobster tail looks bigger. 

Keep those pictures coming.

20190329_143541.jpg

We had prawns early on and they were great.  DW didn't like eyes looking at her.

Thursday night elegant night again but for us that was slacks and collared shirt.  Dinner was lobster and prime rib - DS had both in previous picture.

On 3/28/2019 at 7:46 PM, Aloha 1 said:

This is for the Regional Championships, not some qualifiers. With 22 TV's surely they could spare a couple.

I was only estimating on numbers but there are like 8 on one side of oval bar, 8 on other side, large screen to forward side then a bunch of circular love nooks with a tv.  All seemed to be on same event when we walked through.

I'll wrap up tomorrow with a few final observations and then it can go to the CC bowels.  Hopefully the pictures vs me blabbering plus being March Madness made for a productive week at work for you.

4 minutes ago, teacher/bartender said:

That girl in the blue shirt in the back of the YC waiting area with her hand in the air ... that's me!!! hahahaha.  We had a fabulous time, looking forward to reading your thoughts as well!  

Oops! 

We had a great time too and leaving was softened by kids telling me only 12 more cruises until we go again.  We hit most areas of the ship so it should be easier to get around.

On 3/30/2019 at 9:25 AM, helen haywood said:

I knew about the solution to the bathroom smell from Chengkp75 but the OP’s description in post #45 says it is there every time they go to that cabin.  And in the cabin...that’s not depending on how the wind is blowing.  I have a 14 night cruise booked in 18003 so this really  has me worried!!

We just got off 18003 ... loved our room and did not have any smell!  

9 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Room would smell sometimes more than hall so maybe in venting or ac?

Sewage & odor issues, I guess, aren't unique to a specific cruiseline or ship, we had minor plumbing issues on the Escape - originated somewhere along the lines in our section - but a call to Guest Services got it resolved by the time we came back from dinner.  A quick spray using DW's perfume did help.  

Welcome back, I trust disembarkation & heading home (??) was smooth and gate agent didn't mess with the seat assignments & boarding passes, LOL.  Just got email alerted by JetBlue that our confirmed early May flight, outbound on A-321 that we booked last November has been changed, hmmm ...   The B737 Max mess isn't going to be business as usual anytime soon, flying domestic isn't going to be fun this Spring.  

That generous cut of prime rib looked so juicy - definitely far more appealing than what NCL is serving these days, comparable to what one gets in a "true" steakhouse on land.