Best transport from Laguardia to NY port on Sunday??

cmcleaner

Best and economical are mutually exclusive things. The best might be a fleet of Rolls Royce Phantoms, probably not the most economical though, especially given the $2400 quote I had for a 15 mile ride into Manhattan a couple of years ago!

LGA is undergoing serious renovation work at the moment and every time I use it (which is pretty regularly as a NYC local) something has changed. Which is most convenient depends on your airline and terminal of arrival. Not too long ago, when arriving on AA, Uber pickups were about a 10min walk down some random walkways to an open lot. That said if you're using the Marine Air Terminal or Delta things could be very different. More information is needed, essentially.

My personal rule of thumb with LGA is to only arrive there (no departing flights, although that is in part because JFK is more convenient for me) and only when I have a family member/friend picking me up. Ubers or taxis could be a massive headache, a private driver is, IMO, the wisest option. 

Edited by fbgd

17 hours ago, fbgd said:

LGA is undergoing serious renovation work at the moment and every time I use it (which is pretty regularly as a NYC local) something has changed. Which is most convenient depends on your airline and terminal of arrival. Not too long ago, when arriving on AA, Uber pickups were about a 10min walk down some random walkways to an open lot. That said if you're using the Marine Air Terminal or Delta things could be very different.

Arriving last year on Delta it was the same....walk a ways to get to where they allowing Uber pick-ups.  For convenience, I opted for a cab, especially as there was no line when I landed.

• 2 weeks later...