I want to share some infomation about FlightEase

JudithLynne

On a previous thread (2 months ago) I posted an unanswered question about Flight Ease: has anyone changed FE flight tickets after final payment but before the final change date on FE?

Well….I just did that, successfully.  Final payment for our cruise was made 3-20. Changes/cancellation to FE booking allowed through 4-20 w/o fees. 

Yesterday our domestic FE flights were reduced 27%!  I then effortlessly rebooked online our same flights at the lower rate. That change was immediately reflected on our booking invoice at both HAL and our “big box” travel agency.  I contacted TA who contacted HAL who is processing a refund for the difference which will go on my credit card in 7-10 business days. (has to be processed through their auditing dept.)

I am hoping that this information may help others.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

WOW!  that is GREAT info.

Thank you so much for coming back and sharing with us.

I doubt my flight is even available now, but what the heck - you've inspried me to look.  

thank you 🙂 

2 hours ago, JudithLynne said:

On a previous thread (2 months ago) I posted an unanswered question about Flight Ease: has anyone changed FE flight tickets after final payment but before the final change date on FE?

Well….I just did that, successfully.  Final payment for our cruise was made 3-20. Changes/cancellation to FE booking allowed through 4-20 w/o fees. 

Yesterday our domestic FE flights were reduced 27%!  I then effortlessly rebooked online our same flights at the lower rate. That change was immediately reflected on our booking invoice at both HAL and our “big box” travel agency.  I contacted TA who contacted HAL who is processing a refund for the difference which will go on my credit card in 7-10 business days. (has to be processed through their auditing dept.)

I am hoping that this information may help others.

That is great info, just wondering, we you also ticketed for the flight, did flight ease and the airline ticket you, or were ticket numbers not issued yet?

1 hour ago, Lido deck main said:

That is great info, just wondering, we you also ticketed for the flight, did flight ease and the airline ticket you, or were ticket numbers not issued yet?

We were ticketed by both Flightease and the airlines immediately upon booking, we are using Delta going and Alaska Air returning.  (For me it is a real advantage that FE allows you to use separate airlines on a RT ticket.  Because of that we have great flight times.) 

If you change your reservation as I did to get a better price you will be issued new numbers, again that was immediately.

5 hours ago, molole said:

Can you choose your flight dates?  If I want to stay a few days before and after the cruise can I do that?  

Absolutely...we are flying in two weeks early to do some sightseeing around the area where our cruise begins.  No problem selecting days before, after or both.  

• Thanks 1

I didn't realize I could see the flight schedules.

I have air booked through Flight Ease and see my reservation now.  If I click on "Change Flights", will that just show me what is available without releasing what I already have?

I don't want to make any changes on my own just yet, but would be interested to see what else might be available.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, molole said:

Can you choose your flight dates?  If I want to stay a few days before and after the cruise can I do that?  

They also have  a feature which allows a stopover so if going NYC-MUC-BCN you can stay a few days in Munich on the way to Barcelona

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, msmayor said:

I have air booked through Flight Ease and see my reservation now.  If I click on "Change Flights", will that just show me what is available without releasing what I already have?

I don't want to make any changes on my own just yet, but would be interested to see what else might be available.

I have been doing that with no problem, but others have experienced troubles.  I always click on "Back to Manage Bookings" after browsing.  As long as my original confirmation shows up, I assume the original reservation is O.K.  Or is that being too optimistic?  

1 hour ago, Tampa Girl said:

I have been doing that with no problem, but others have experienced troubles.  I always click on "Back to Manage Bookings" after browsing.  As long as my original confirmation shows up, I assume the original reservation is O.K.  Or is that being too optimistic?  

No TG you are not being optimistic you are mastering the program.  The other option to escape is to use the computer's back cursor.

Furthermore....some months ago the FE program was edited to provide warnings along the way so that customers would have ample notice to avoid cancelling their reservation.  Personally, I am impressed with their user friendly changes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, msmayor said:

Yes....use the "change flights" option to explore price changes, I do it all the time just as I regularly check to see if our cruise reservation has a price change.

While I am in the "change flights" option I also look to see if there might be other seats that we would prefer over the currently booked seats.