* N Statendam in Port Everglades, Rotterdam -Tampa & N Amsterdam -San Diego - Mar. 24

kazu

6 minutes ago, 65 Gator said:

Celebrity Edge now scheduled to lead the parade...

Celebrity Edge 1545

Carnival Conquest 1600

Regal Princess 1600

Harmony of the Seas 1630

Nieuw Statendam 1700

Celebrity Silhouette 1715

I think the EDGE  is an ugly ship.  A friend was on it recently and liked it.    

Edited by Himself

1 hour ago, wdw1972 said:

Hope Nieuw Statendam is able to get out on time.  A friend on board this past week texted me to say they were still having power issues this morning, and although she was in the 8am debarkation window, it was 10:30 before she was able to leave the ship.  She mentioned many of the arriving passengers lined up outside - so it sounds like a bit of a messy day for them in Port Everglades today.  

Sue/WDW1972

Will be interesting to see if NS will be ready at 5 pm...  

18 minutes ago, Himself said:

I think the EDGE  is an ugly ship.  A friend was on it recently and liked it.    

Completely agree!  I think it's hideous on the outside.  A friend of mine spent a week on Edge before our 10-day Nieuw Statendam cruise in January, and said it was beautiful - and passengers really dressed up.  There were also "cons", and I don't see her rushing back to book another cruise on Edge.

With HAL too, each ship has its pros and cons...it's just a matter of figuring out if the balance of those meets the needs/expectations of the particular cruiser.

Sue/WDW1972

Just now, mocruzer said:

:classic_laugh::classic_laugh:  In all fairness... I've heard the Edge is beautiful on the inside.  

I also have heard that it is beautiful and very elegant on the inside, but the outside gives the Norwegian Epic a run for ugliest ship ever.

1 minute ago, travelnap said:

I also have heard that it is beautiful and very elegant on the inside, but the outside gives the Norwegian Epic a run for ugliest ship ever.

I so agree with you. 😉

1 minute ago, travelnap said:

Must have taken a lot of effort to create a ship so ugly (exterior)!  I'll stick with HAL's classic exterior designs.

Sue/WDW1972