Does HAL grant new Mariner status while onboard?

While we were on the 2018 world cruise on the Amsterdam in 2018, we were awarded our Two-Star & Three-Start Mariner status while on-board. We got our medallions but did not really take advantage of any enhanced perks. We are 32 days away from Four-Star Mariner.

Other cruise lines, such as RCI, do not award your new status until after you complete the cruise whence such new status is gained.

So does it follow that, while we are on our 77-day South America & Antarctica voyage on the Volendam, we will be awarded our Four-Star Mariner status? Now this is the one with complimentary laundry so we'll be looking for this perk.

Normally you have to wait until your next cruise for Mariner updates (and perks).  I have heard that on some long cruises they MIGHT make an exception for you, but they would only take into account the basic sail days (no double suite days nor $300 purchase days).  

I would inquire at the front desk if you qualify - all they can do is say "no".

Yes, it should be awarded since all you need is sea days to achieve it and you have more than enough cruise days to cover it.

I would double check with the Mariner Society to confirm before you sail.

Normally Mariner status is not awarded until your next cruise but you were on a cruise with multiple segments and will be again.  In that scenario, HAL has awarded the status on the next segment after it has been achieved for roll call members I have sailed with.

I imagine they pay particular care on Grand & World Cruises, too 😉 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oak Hill Cruisers said:

While we were on the 2018 world cruise on the Amsterdam in 2018, we were awarded our Two-Star & Three-Start Mariner status while on-board. We got our medallions but did not really take advantage of any enhanced perks. We are 32 days away from Four-Star Mariner.

Other cruise lines, such as RCI, do not award your new status until after you complete the cruise whence such new status is gained.

So does it follow that, while we are on our 77-day South America & Antarctica voyage on the Volendam, we will be awarded our Four-Star Mariner status? Now this is the one with complimentary laundry so we'll be looking for this perk.

We are in the same boat ( err ship) as you, we are 20 days away from 4 star, we are on a 36 day cruise, I called the mariner society people, and was advised that as our cruise is a B2B2B on our second B2B, we will be at a embarkation port and we can go to customer service desk on board and ask for the upgrade.  So for the last 7 days of our 36 day cruise, I anticipate being upgraded to four star.  Hopping everything goes smoothly.

• Thanks 1

I reached my 4-star status on my S/A Antarctic cruise this past winter.  I did know that I would be eligible for the upgrade, and emailed the Mariner Society requesting that I could receive it on this cruise.  They sent me back a gracious email stating that I should print it, and take to the front desk when that date arrived.  The attendant at the front desk made me a new card immediately.  

• Like 1