Uber or Hotel Shuttle between FFL and 17th Street Hotel

WVHillbilly

Uber pickup at FLL is on the other side of the street where the shuttle buses pickup  Once you pick up your luggage follow the signs that say shuttle bus pickup.  It's also near the cab stand which I would never do. 

16 hours ago, WVHillbilly said:

Arriving at FFL the day before our cruise and staying the night at a hotel along 17th Street.  The hotel offers a free shuttle between the airport and hotel, but would an Uber be faster or more convenient?

Any reason you don't want to use the hotel shuttle? We stayed at the Hyatt Place last Oct and we didn't have to wait long for the hotel shuttle. We did use Uber going to the port the next day because we figure it will take the driver a while to load/unload luggage for vanful of people.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, screenname2004 said:

Any reason you don't want to use the hotel shuttle? We stayed at the Hyatt Place last Oct and we didn't have to wait long for the hotel shuttle. We did use Uber going to the port the next day because we figure it will take the driver a while to load/unload luggage for vanful of people.

Agree...the HP shuttle is $2.00 per room...easy and quick.

We also stayed at the HP 2 weeks ago and used the shuttle.  It was $2 and the driver ( Donnello or Ginello ?) was very prompt in being there once we called.  We did have to wait a while for another couple to arrive but it wasn't long.

The OP doesn't say where they are staying and I would suggest using the free shuttle too vs Uber. 

We are actually staying at the Holiday Inn Express, do you have to call for the shuttle or are they just waiting at the airport?  Only reason to use uber is because I don't really want to have to wait.  Were traveling Southwest and they use terminal 1, so to catch a hotel shuttle or uber you cross the street towards the parking garage right?

Try calling the Holiday Inn Express to find out if you need to call first.   To find Uber or shuttles you pick up your luggage at the appropriate carousel and look for the signs that  point you to the shuttles, taxis and ride shares. 

3 hours ago, WVHillbilly said:

We are actually staying at the Holiday Inn Express, do you have to call for the shuttle or are they just waiting at the airport?  Only reason to use uber is because I don't really want to have to wait.  Were traveling Southwest and they use terminal 1, so to catch a hotel shuttle or uber you cross the street towards the parking garage right?

For Hyatt Place, I read they go to the airport (FLL) every half hour if no one call. If someone calls, they will come by sooner to pick up guest(s) and not make them wait.  Don't know if Holiday Inn Express does that or not.