Hotels in Seattle

fla gang

Looking to do Alaska out of Seattle in July and need some ideas. We are flying into Seattle two days before the cruise. What area and hotels does everyone prefer? We don't want to stay in a Motel 6 but we don't want to pay much over $ 225 per night.

If you want to see Seattle it's worth booking downtown and saving on a rental car or taxis to downtown. It's an amazing city and not to be missed if you are that close. We stayed at the Fairfield and got an amazing rate. You can also check to see if the cruise line has any hotel specials pre-cruise. Check Expedia/Booking.com as well. 

I will contact Club Royal and see if they can book a hotel room. They told me they can book the flight so maybe they can do a room too. I shouldn't complain. All I have to pay for the cruise are port taxes and gov't fees.

We stayed at the Four Points Sheraton, near Seattle Center, on the north side of the city. It was a better price for sure! Plus, it was a 15 minute walk over the things we wanted to see there. Then we would take the monorail from there to get downtown when we wanted to go there. It was super easy and saved a lot more money. We stayed for 4 nights before our cruise.

23 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Get the Marriott Binvoy credit card.  Currently a 100,000 point sign up bonus.  Only a $95 annual fee.  Use your point for 2 nights of hotels tight downtown.  

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/credit-card-rewards.mi

This is what I just did.  Except in Canada it is $125 and only 60K pts.

22 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

This is what I just did.  Except in Canada it is $125 and only 60K pts.

Both my  wife and I have the card. Besides the points the annual free night is nice. I look at it like we are prepaying our hotel in Canadian at a reduced rate instead of in US$  

We never get as good a sign up deal as they do in the US. 

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Both my  wife and I have the card. Besides the points the annual free night is nice. I look at it like we are prepaying our hotel in Canadian at a reduced rate instead of in US$  

We never get as good a sign up deal as they do in the US. 

Right now we are trying to decide if we are going to use the points in Seattle in July or save them and stay at the Sheraton Old San Juan in December. Decisions, decisions!

Have you considered Airbnb? The neighborhood near the cruise terminal is called Magnolia and it has positively beautiful homes. Seattle regulates its Airbnb so you can feel safe that you will get what they advertise. The costs vary, but are usually less than $150 a night. Make sure you filter for "entire place" under home type or you will be in a shared room https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?refinement_paths[]=%2Fhomes&query=seattle&search_type=UNKNOWN&neighborhood_ids[]=1246&allow_override[]=&s_tag=f7sGOZ2S

Edited by Peckishpixie