If I stay with the saved chairs?

Waycoolrob

On 5/3/2019 at 5:36 PM, twodaywonder said:

NO saving of chairs period. If they want chairs, show up in time to get one. otherwise Most all cruise lines do not condone any saving of chairs either at the pool, the shows or anywhere else.

Logic? :

“NO saving of chairs period”

30 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Some logic on your part might be required. Ships rule is NO SAVING CHAIRS. Get it? Not mine. I will no longer reply to these illogical posts.

It does require a modicum of logic to understand the intent of ships’s rules concerning saving chairs : which I have never seen presented as “NO saving of chairs period”.

1 hour ago, pc_load_letter said:

So by your dumb rationale, it's one chair per person at a time?

If I am sitting with my wife and friends and they go to the buffet for lunch, should I give up their chairs?

If they are planning to get their lunch in the buffet and then immediately bring their lunch back w them and eat it while sitting on the chairs - you are not a chair hog.  If they are planning to eat in the buffet and come back after they are done - you are definitely and indubitably and without a doubt a chair hog.

DON

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

If they are planning to get their lunch in the buffet and then immediately bring their lunch back w them and eat it while sitting on the chairs - you are not a chair hog.  If they are planning to eat in the buffet and come back after they are done - you are definitely and indubitably and without a doubt a chair hog.

DON

lol, I love being a chair hog.

20 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

DON

A good example of a logical application of a reasonable rule.  

I was on one rather lengthy cruise (40+ days) and the management finally felt a need to speak up on this topic in the daily newsletter.  The rule given was you may save a single chair for one other person and you must be present to reserve chairs.  No putting markers allowed.  This was for theater and poolside.  As to buffet seating it was acceptable to put the napkin on your chosen seat while you gathered your food from the buffet, but only on your seat.  

Edited by Mary229

3 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

My lord. What is it with you two. Did you read my long post? I doubt it. Get with the program and leave me alone. Your remarks are nothing but stupidity.

2 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Read first before going after me. This is a partial reply I made  to the Theater saving seats. You should have read it first before going after me. 

If several wanted to sit together, get there at the same time to do so. If you cannot do that, than sit where ever you can, just like most others do.  We get at the doors 15 min before they open. We sit down. No need to save for anyone ever. When our family was with us. We ALL did the same thing at the same time. Never a problem. If we had no problem doing that, so can everyone else.  If a group is sitting and one person is late. no problem. If One person is sitting and they are all late. Tough.

I also mentioned this before. Two women brought the white washcloths with them and put them on the top back of several seats. saving a lot seats. Row two from the stage. One then sat at one end and the other by the isle. This is the type of saving seats that is way out of hand. This is what I am referring to. Get it now? Not one or two for a spouse or sibling. Okay?

Sorry for waiting so long to reply but I was waiting for the final installment of the Trilogy.  Back to the Future III was the best! But I guess you’re a Godfather fan. Best to stop after two.😉

Sadly, my jokes were not based on your tome on the subject, rather the observation that chair hogging is the worst in the theatre. Given the quality of many production shows, I was surprized that people would want to see the shows, let alone save chairs for others. Hence the Jaws, The Revenge, Milli Vanilli, and Miami Marlins references in joke # 1. Rather witty references, if I do say so myself.😊

The joke about taking my seat was a continuation of joke # 1 and, of course, your first mussing on the subject; “NO saving of chairs period.” That is a great straight line, right up there with Abbott and Costello's “Who’s on first?” You should be proud if it. If you are not, do yourself a favour and don’t post great straight lines.

The third joke (see, I like trilogies!) had nothing to do with you or this subject matter. I referred to how my dear, sweet, lovely, wonderful, (Ok, see’s gone now 😊) wife would tear the life and limbs from anyone who would cross her on a ship or anywhere else.

Lastly, as going after you, please check out this thread over on the Royal board. Now LAST's going after a poster!!! 6 full pages of it!

Be thankful you weren't the OP on that thread!!

Edited by DirtyDawg