Global Entry Card

sleepy traveler

16 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Out of curiosity, did the CBP officer scan your Mobile Passport, or did you just use it to get into the GE line? As I noted in post # 5, when we disembarked at T19 in February, the CBP officer wanted nothing to do with it and said that they weren't set up for it. Perhaps it's a different story for different terminals, as I know I've used it at Port Everglades previously, although I don't recall at which terminals.

It just got me in the short line. Once I got to the officer he just glanced at my passport, said thank you and I proceeded out of the terminal.

4 hours ago, goofyliz said:

Fort Lauderdale does ask to see your Global Entry cards.  When I got my card two years ago, I was told the card was only valid for use coming across the Canada/US and Mexico/US borders.  I do have Global Entry electronically in my passport, but because I could not produce the card, I was sent into the regular line!  This is not right and should be addressed with the port staff.  I actually wrote the GOES people about this!

And they should ask.  Otherwise, passengers without GE will jump into the shorter GE lines.

"Gee, Myrtle, why are we standing in this long line when there's almost no one in that short line?"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, walnut99 said:

If you have Global Entry, is it automatically linked to an existing US passport?  If not, how do you prove you have Global Entry when entering the country?

Yes, once you are approved it is automatically linked to your profile via the RFID chip in the passport.  When we flew into the U.S. from Europe this past fall, we simply scanned our passport on the machines in the GE line, put our hand on the scanner, and we were on our way.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Walfam said:

Yes, once you are approved it is automatically linked to your profile via the RFID chip in the passport.  When we flew into the U.S. from Europe this past fall, we simply scanned our passport on the machines in the GE line, put our hand on the scanner, and we were on our way.

Thank you.

10 hours ago, walnut99 said:

If you have Global Entry, is it automatically linked to an existing US passport?  If not, how do you prove you have Global Entry when entering the country?

Your then current passport is linked when you get Global Entry.  When you renew your passport the new one does not automatically link. You have to manually enter your new passport into GOES.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruising Is Bliss said:

Your then current passport is linked when you get Global Entry.  When you renew your passport the new one does not automatically link. You have to manually enter your new passport into GOES.

Correct.  Global Entry is linked to your passport and the GE card is not needed to use the GE kiosks at airports.   I’d heard or read that there were plans to install GE kiosks at some of the Port Everglades cruise terminals but I don’t know if they did.   And by the way GOES is gone.  All the trusted traveler programs (Global Entry,  NEXUS, and SENTRI) have been consolidated into one website.   https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/

Edited by Randyk47