Nieuw Statendam Review 3/17-3/24

Jennifire7

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2019 at 1:05 PM, Jennifire7 said:

People loosened up by the end of the week, I wouldn’t worry about it.

Have the best time, the ship was beautiful and the service was great.

Enjoy! 

Just got off the NS yesterday. I was cruising with 6 kids. Staff said there were 250 kids aboard and I heard comments from adults about the number of kids aboard. 

One couple asked the bar staff if they could remove all the kids from the pool b/c they were being too rough

Ladies behind us were commenting on how loud kids were yelling "marco! polo!"

My son got chastised for taking too long at the Coke Freestyle machine (I apologized - it was easier)

A couple next to our 12-top at Pinnacle kept sighing heavily if they heard kids talk

A girl on our party said a man crowded in front of her at the pizza place and told her HAL wasnt for kids (i didnt witness that one)

A fella on our cruise posted on facebook group about how kids "took over" the pool deck.

I guess some people never had kids or forget that kids are kids ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

Nice review! My kids have been between 1-5 years of age on all my HAL cruises, so I’ve definitely experienced the “looks” when my kids were simply just walking by. That “leash” comment is terrible! I can’t believe how people can say things like that.  I’m glad you enjoyed the rest of your cruise. 🙂

15 hours ago, hubbard53 said:

Just got off the NS yesterday. I was cruising with 6 kids. Staff said there were 250 kids aboard and I heard comments from adults about the number of kids aboard. 

One couple asked the bar staff if they could remove all the kids from the pool b/c they were being too rough

Ladies behind us were commenting on how loud kids were yelling "marco! polo!"

My son got chastised for taking too long at the Coke Freestyle machine (I apologized - it was easier)

A couple next to our 12-top at Pinnacle kept sighing heavily if they heard kids talk

A girl on our party said a man crowded in front of her at the pizza place and told her HAL wasnt for kids (i didnt witness that one)

A fella on our cruise posted on facebook group about how kids "took over" the pool deck.

I guess some people never had kids or forget that kids are kids ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

True, but some parents also forget to parent onboard.

the Aft pool is Adults only for example. Respect that dear parents.

Marco Polo is a fun game, but not on a HAL ship where the average passenger wants to relax . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Despegue said:

True, but some parents also forget to parent onboard.

the Aft pool is Adults only for example. Respect that dear parents.

Marco Polo is a fun game, but not on a HAL ship where the average passenger wants to relax . 

I didnt see any parent who forgot how to parent. All the kids I saw were well behaved - their worse offense was playing childish games . . . 

• Like 1