Navigator of the sea

1 hour ago, Marcia4453 said:

I just booked a cruise on navigator of the sea and read the reviews which seem not at the best. Have the reviews gotten any better since the revamp of the shop and it’s fullu operational now?

Welcome to CC.

I'm not sure what searches you've done for posts...but there are literally hundreds of posts raving about how great Navigator of the Seas is now after the revamp. In contrast, you'd be hard pressed to find many with a downside.

There are at least 5 threads alone done in the past 3 weeks demonstrating the revamp was very well received by passengers actually on the ship on recent cruises. The only hiccup was a slight delay on testing/activating the water slides, which was temporary.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001
  • Like 2

Came off Navigator about 3 weeks ago. The ship is in great condition, newly refurbished so everything is clean and fresh, some great new restaurants and bars on board with a new pool area and fab new seating including hammocks, day beds etc. 

Staff were excellent, food was great and the entertainment was brilliant. I would 100% recommend Navigator and I would go back on her in a heartbeat if I could. 

Link to my review below if you would like to see pictures/ read about it. Also search for 'Navigator Amplified in Photos' by Twangster. 

Edited by EmilyJay
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

When was it?

It has been a few years, I think 2013

Back when it was in Galveston.    

We were coming  the Liberty, Indy, & Freedom

It was a pretty big let down.   

We were on the March 15 sailing. It was our third time on Navigator. The second time was out of Galveston and I was not impressed. This time - it is totally a different ship! It had a fun vibe. I really liked what they did to it!! We thought the staff was the most friendly and helpful of any cruise we’ve been on. I would highly recommend it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Of all my cruises.

The Navigator was in the bottom 3.

Just in front of the Carnival Celebration & Fantasy......

1 hour ago, matj2000 said:

Navigator of the Seas TODAY, is not the same ship as the one you were on.....and you have every right to your opinion of the sailing you were on.....but the ship has been totally revamped and more recent cruisers have many terrific things to say about the ship.  If you are going to say something was a 'big let down' you might want to say why -- details matter.   Just like the detail that you sailed on her back in 2013 and the ship is much different today in 2019.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

Navigator of the Seas TODAY, is not the same ship as the one you were on.....and you have every right to your opinion of the sailing you were on.....but the ship has been totally revamped and more recent cruisers have many terrific things to say about the ship.  If you are going to say something was a 'big let down' you might want to say why -- details matter.   Just like the detail that you sailed on her back in 2013 and the ship is much different today in 2019.

I don't care what they did to it.  Still the same ship.

I would never go on it again or any of the others like it

As far as explaining why I didn't like it.   Those details ran its course here 6 years ago and I am not going to re-hash that all over again. 

We just got off Navigator a week ago, and the ship was amazing. Granted, it was our first time on RC and it is not their biggest ship, so if you are expecting all of the bells and whistles of the mega ships, it may be disappointing. However, the ship is in perfect condition and the refit is nice. 

We were on for 9 days and didn't see or do everything there is on the ship. There is tons to do. My only minor gripe was the food, especially in the MDR, which we would generally say was just slightly above average. On our 9 night cruise, we ate in specialty dining 7 of the nights. Also, the two times we ate in the MDR, it was a 2.5 hour experience...

• Like 1

Well I have been on the Navigator three times, including once out of Galveston in 2015, where it was in great shape. The most recent in January 2018 she was showing signs of needing the upcoming dry dock, which I suspect spruced her right up. Especially, since posts on these boards have shown that the is looking good.

On a side note, I was beginning to think that I was jinxed from being able to go on Nav again. I had to cancel my 9 night cruise last March the day before due to a pet emergency, and then this past Feb 24 it was cancelled for an extended dry dock. I just booked another cruise on the Navigator this morning. I am hoping that I will make this one without any cancellations.

You have to remember that reviews are TOTALLY subjective.  One person may love everything while another does nothing but complain...even on the same cruise!

You will just have to go and experience it for yourself.  Me...I take reviews with a grain of salt.  Never had a terrible experience.

I sailed in December 2018 and right after the refresh in March.

My only negative experience in December was Izumi.   We stayed in a deck 12 cabin which are newer so maybe that biased our perspective but we had a great cruise.  

Boarding in March and several bartenders remembered me by name and my favorite drink almost 90 days later.  

Voyager class is a sweet spot for me.  Perfect size, good layout.  Navigator doesn't have the cove balconies like most of her sisters.  Voom isn't as good as O3b ships but it is what it is.  

No idea where negative reviews are coming from. Great ship before refresh, even better ship after.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Then that’s obsolete information since the revitalization was just done a short time ago. Repeat passengers posted its like a new ship with new features too.

Agree with other's Great Ship. With resent refresh wouldn't hesitate going on her, and one of my Daughters Favorites before this was done. Then with the Balconies on outside unlike the built in ones on Voyager/Explorer another plus...

Edited by ONECRUISER

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2019 at 2:30 PM, twangster said:

I sailed in December 2018 and right after the refresh in March...... 

No idea where negative reviews are coming from. Great ship before refresh, even better ship after.  

The ship has gotten some new things, but some old things are gone....like the free use of the sauna and steam room.....but that is happening on all the new builds and the big refurbs....turned it into another revenue generator, which I personally am not happy with, but have no control of. 

4 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

The ship has gotten some new things, but some old things are gone....like the free use of the sauna and steam room.....but that is happening on all the new builds and the big refurbs....turned it into another revenue generator, which I personally am not happy with, but have no control of. 

The resort pool deck is included.  The new water slides are included. Every venue was refreshed such as the Solarium, Windjammer, Viking Crown Lounge and Main Theater which are all included.  

Giovanni’s was replaced by Jamie’s, Sabor replaced with Hooked. Specialty dining before, specialty dining still.  

New cabins were added.  That practice has been going on for years on many ships.     The loss of the free locker room amenities is unfortunate but the new cabin revenue keeps cruise fares reasonable for everyone.  Without new revenue our fares go up which over the past decade they have not relative to inflation and cost of living adjustments.  

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

The resort pool deck is included.  The new water slides are included. Every venue was refreshed such as the Solarium, Windjammer, Viking Crown Lounge and Main Theater which are all included.  

Giovanni’s was replaced by Jamie’s, Sabor replaced with Hooked. Specialty dining before, specialty dining still.  

New cabins were added.  That practice has been going on for years on many ships.     The loss of the free locker room amenities is unfortunate but the new cabin revenue keeps cruise fares reasonable for everyone.  Without new revenue our fares go up which over the past decade they have not relative to inflation and cost of living adjustments.  

For me, anytime they add waterslides to a ship during a refurb that is a PLUS.  It is sad that the free use of the sauna and steam rooms have happened.  They have added plenty of cabins and that is also a revenue boost.    

Great ship, the Nav is a fave, clean, easy to get around, great new additions, Hooked is crazy good!

Service and food excellent all around the ship. 

Smallish D Lounge but there were only 80 in total in our 4nter Bahamas cruise.

Heck Super Mario loves this ship!

👍

Just booked Navigator and am so excited. Sailed her in 2003 - it was just a few months into her inaugural year and fell in love with the ship- our first cruise and it was amazing. Took our kids on a 5day cruise in 2009 and enjoyed it again.  This will be my third cruise on her and am very happy that I got such a good price and will be sharing the experience with my sister. We were looking at cheap cruises on Carnival because we are on a strict budget, but I found a comparable price for a 4 night cruise on Navigator so I booked it. Can't wait to see the refresh and enjoy the ship again.