Itinerary Change!!! - When do you plan on letting us all know, HAL ????

kazu

Before I make any judgement, I'd like to know when HAL made the decision.  I don't think that has been determined?  OP said her tour company advised her on Friday.  If HAL made the decision that day (and now we're into the weekend) I wouldn't expect anything from them before Monday.  If Monday passes and then no word from HAL, then it's time to be mad.  JMHO.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Before I make any judgement, I'd like to know when HAL made the decision.  I don't think that has been determined?  OP said her tour company advised her on Friday.  If HAL made the decision that day (and now we're into the weekend) I wouldn't expect anything from them before Monday.  If Monday passes and then no word from HAL, then it's time to be mad.  JMHO.

I agree!

We had an Itinerary change for our Hawaii Circle Cruise in February. We were notified by HAL at the end of August but we have no idea when the decision was made in relation to when we were notified.  We had two Tours booked through HAL and the other Ports were Privates.  They automatically cancelled and refunded our Tours.  We then had to rebook them for the new dates.

I understand it's frustrating to find out so close to the Cruise but HAL may be in process of updating the Website and notifying Passengers and TA's.  Hopefully, this is the case!  

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

I know it was earlier than Friday simply from the way my operator spoke.  He was taken aback by the fact that I didn’t know.  He was surprised that I was touching base as his tours had already been cancelled.  

I don’t know the date and I didn’t ask him.  I was in too much of a state of surprise.   

32 minutes ago, kazu said:

I know it was earlier than Friday simply from the way my operator spoke.  He was taken aback by the fact that I didn’t know.  He was surprised that I was touching base as his tours had already been cancelled.  

I don’t know the date and I didn’t ask him.  I was in too much of a state of surprise.   

Thanks.  I'm wondering (because I really don't know) is this something that should come from your TA?  I know you transfer to the same one I do and I honestly don't remember if notifications of changes like this have come from them or HAL. 

In any case, I hope you let us know when you do get notification.  🙂 

2 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Thanks.  I'm wondering (because I really don't know) is this something that should come from your TA?  I know you transfer to the same one I do and I honestly don't remember if notifications of changes like this have come from them or HAL. 

HAL would send the notice to my TA, yes.  But since no one has gotten a notice on our roll call, it’s not a matter for my TA - it’s one of HAL not notifying.  Ships’ Serices assured me we were still going.  I guess the right hand forgot to tell the left hand what they were doing 😉

I’ll let you know IF I get a notification.  If it’s on board, I’ll report on my LIVE thread.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

No one is arguing that HAL doesn't have the right to make changes without prior communication. However, there is nothing that absolves HAL of communicating such changes after they are made.

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

The situation here, where a port change is made weeks before the cruise but HAL fails to notify anyone is quite different. It has nothing to do with the cruise being on the Prinsendam or the Mariner status of the passengers. 

I have no idea why you would think that Karma has anything to do with this situation. 

Thank you both for articulating what I was thinking but could not find the words to express.

• Like 1

Operational reasons seems to be vast!  We had a recent port change for Japan fortunately with notice,  but I found out on CC at least two weeks prior  to being officially notified.   Sometimes I wish they had to give a reason! 

Well bless our roll call member on the P’dam already.

Now we know we arrive at 8 am and all on board is 4:30 pm.  And how does she know this?  It’s on the NAVIGATOR app on board, now.  

Thank heavens for kind roll call members ❤️ 

On 3/30/2019 at 6:06 PM, Copper10-8 said:

That's an automatic given, not yet, because those folks do not have an active onboard account yet, but it will happen. I'm referring to the reimbursement

We booked a ship tour in Le Palais and have not been told yet that the port has been changed. They will credit our account with a refundable onboard credit ( if we don’t use it we get it back.) 

We were looking forward to this island. Been to Guernsey already. 

Cheers 

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2019 at 1:03 PM, Pickalily, Wilts said:

It's so annoying when this happens.  We had a cruise from Vancouver cancelled by Celebrity and they didn't tell us either.  I found out quite by accident on a cruise site with just 2 weeks to go.  

The cruise was canceled and they didn't tell you !!?!!

On 3/31/2019 at 2:49 PM, Cruising-along said:

If Monday passes and then no word from HAL, then it's time to be mad.  JMHO.

It's Wednesday - no word from HAL but, finally, this morning Le Palais was removed from the shore excursions on the website and St Peter Port was added.

No excursions for sale but at least the right port is there now with our new port times.  Of course if one wasn't checking their itinerary, they wouldn't know unless they are on CC.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kazu said:

It's Wednesday - no word from HAL but, finally, this morning Le Palais was removed from the shore excursions on the website and St Peter Port was added.

No excursions for sale but at least the right port is there now with our new port times.  Of course if one wasn't checking their itinerary, they wouldn't know unless they are on CC.

Ugh. I don't remember ever waiting this long. You leave in a few weeks, right?  Just out of curiosity, have you asked your TA if they've heard anything from HAL?  (I know, most likely not or others would have reported the news from their TA).

12 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Ugh. I don't remember ever waiting this long. You leave in a few weeks, right?  Just out of curiosity, have you asked your TA if they've heard anything from HAL?  (I know, most likely not or others would have reported the news from their TA).

We leave on Sunday!  This port is part of the second segment which begins on April 24th.

I now stand corrected.  A roll call member just received their notice and posted on our roll call. 😉 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SempreMare said:

The cruise was canceled and they didn't tell you !!?!!

Yep.  They didn't tell our cruise agent either.  Having flown from UK to Vancouver we could have been standing at the quay - no ship.  I was both horrified and angry, but luckily our agent found us another cruise departing a day later on Zaandam, so we were able to use the same flight outbound and that cruise was far better than the original would have been.  We had extra costs because the second cruise was longer and Celebrity eventually came up with a basic compensation payment, but we haven't  cruised with them since (2013).

Edited by Pickalily, Wilts

18 minutes ago, kazu said:

We leave on Sunday!  This port is part of the second segment which begins on April 24th.

I now stand corrected.  A roll call member just received their notice and posted on our roll call. 😉 

Good that your roll call member has gotten notice from HAL.  I just read the last page of your roll call and see that HAL made this decision on Thursday, so just the day before your tour company told you.  Still would have been good PR to let you all know before today, 6 days later.  😞  

On 3/30/2019 at 12:16 PM, kazu said:

For anyone sailing on the Prinsendam on the April 24th sailing, the port of Le Palais on May 4th has been cancelled and replaced by St. Peter Port on May 5th (May 4th will be a sea day).

So far, HAL hasn’t told anyone nor make any announcements nor changed the itinerary.

How do I know?  I had a private tour arranged for Le Palais and it was the private tour operator who asked me on Friday - “are you SURE you’re coming here”.  Needless to say I was caught off guard and more so when he told me HAL had cancelled all their shore excursions there and stated the ship was going elsewhere.  So, here’s another benefit of private guides. 😉 

Ships’ services checked and said no, we were going to Le Palais.  Since we have an intrepid roll call member on board she wisely went to the shore excursion desk to inquire about a tour in Le Palais and it was THEY who said it was now St. Peter Port.

We are indeed now listed on the St. Peter Port schedule but no arrival or departure time.  

We’ve let everyone know on our roll call  (another benefit of roll calls 😉) but right now, everyone else on this sailing is in the dark and still thinking they are going to Le Palais, hence my post.   

Maybe HAL will tell us when we are on board? 🙄 :classic_love:

Maybe HAL will say "SUPRISE" the night before the stop!

3 hours ago, Pickalily, Wilts said:

Yep.  They didn't tell our cruise agent either.  Having flown from UK to Vancouver we could have been standing at the quay - no ship.  I was both horrified and angry, but luckily our agent found us another cruise departing a day later on Zaandam, so we were able to use the same flight outbound and that cruise was far better than the original would have been.  We had extra costs because the second cruise was longer and Celebrity eventually came up with a basic compensation payment, but we haven't  cruised with them since (2013).

OMG !!!   

I was convinced after posting that question that you probably meant an EXCURSION cruise, not the ENTIRE cruise !! 

Did you ever find out what was their reason for canceling? 

On 3/31/2019 at 3:03 PM, Cruising-along said:

My letter came from my TA today and is dated as April 3, 2019 for our April 24th Sailing. So now its'official'. and as I stated over on our Roll Call, the website is updated and tours (6) are now available. 

24 minutes ago, drowelf said:

My letter came from my TA today and is dated as April 3, 2019 for our April 24th Sailing. So now its'official'. and as I stated over on our Roll Call, the website is updated and tours (6) are now available. 

Got mine from my TA today too.  She's in a different time zone so it was around 1 pm which is fair ball 😉 

5 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good that your roll call member has gotten notice from HAL.  I just read the last page of your roll call and see that HAL made this decision on Thursday, so just the day before your tour company told you.  Still would have been good PR to let you all know before today, 6 days later.  😞  

I would expect them to make the notification after all of the details involved with the change is set. New port times, excursions, etc. Also the contents of the notification would need to be drafted and approved.

from their point of view the notification did go out 30 days before the port stop.

• Like 3

On 3/30/2019 at 7:10 PM, Copper10-8 said:

Interesting tidbit shows Prinsendam, but under her new Phoenix Reisen name 'Amera,' still scheduled to call at Belle Isle (Le Palais) on 04 May between 0800 and 1700 hrs :classic_cool:

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/belle-isle-port-1052?month=2019-05#schedule

Presently on Prinsendam in Funchal. Phoenix is owner of the ship since July 2018 . On July 1 2019 Prinsendam will sail to Hamburg for  Dry Dock and then officially renamed to Amera. Having a great cruise and The Elegant Explorer in great shape and excellent crew and fantastic enetrtainment so far.

2 minutes ago, samsonmo said:

Presently on Prinsendam in Funchal. Phoenix is owner of the ship since July 2018 . On July 1 2019 Prinsendam will sail to Hamburg for  Dry Dock and then officially renamed to Amera. Having a great cruise and The Elegant Explorer in great shape and excellent crew and fantastic enetrtainment so far.

She's one of the classics with an excellent HAL crew, under current lease to HAL from her new owner, Phoenix Reisen ! Enjoy your remaining voyage on her! Het beste!

1 hour ago, samsonmo said:

Nice to hear Peter.    

Glad you are having a good cruise and happy to hear nothing has changed.

Hope you and Monica have a fabulous crossing and we’ll see you in Lisbon.

See you SOON 

15 hours ago, SempreMare said:

OMG !!!   

I was convinced after posting that question that you probably meant an EXCURSION cruise, not the ENTIRE cruise !! 

Did you ever find out what was their reason for canceling? 

Millennium had broken down for a second time in Alaska.  The first time they did a "patch up" (and probably hoped for the best), but when it happened again they decided they'd better get the ship into dry dock (Bahamas) and repair it properly.  In that case they had no choice but to cancel a couple of cruises, but they did have a choice about telling all their passengers.

I previously wrote that they came up with basic compensation.  That was in the form of a voucher to be used against the cost of another cruise, but we were so hacked off by the way we had been treated, we had no wish to cruise with them again, so it was worthless to us.  Our choice to write it off to 'experience'.

The subsequent cruise on Zaandam was excellent.