Please help me know the answer

teacher34

Hello, and thank you in advance for any help you can give me regarding a cruise I have booked. I scheduled a cruise in Oct. for my husband and I, our daughter and her husband , and his parents. I have paid a lot of it off for each couple. Now I found out that my daughter is pregnant and will deliver in Nov. will I be able to get a refund ? My husband and I also have a TA booked for next June. Could the money I paid off on this cruise be used to pay down my TA ?

13 minutes ago, teacher34 said:

Hello, and thank you in advance for any help you can give me regarding a cruise I have booked. I scheduled a cruise in Oct. for my husband and I, our daughter and her husband , and his parents. I have paid a lot of it off for each couple. Now I found out that my daughter is pregnant and will deliver in Nov. will I be able to get a refund ? My husband and I also have a TA booked for next June. Could the money I paid off on this cruise be used to pay down my TA ?

Hmm, tough one. Call Carnival/your TA, and then explain to them the situation. MAKE SURE to include that you planned this Cruise well in advance, and had no idea about your daughter's pregnancy. Ask them politely if they can waive/reduce the rebooking fee, and rebook a cruise immediately, and since it is THEIR policy that you cannot make the ship, you shouldn't be liable. 

First off-----CONGRATULATIONS! Next, I would assume it would depend on what plan you booked under. If it was the Early Saver, it may be difficult to get the deposit back, but as Jbethel11 suggested, the best recourse would be either to call Carnival directly-or if you booked through a travel agent have them get in touch. I've found Carnival to be sympathetic and prone to bend the rules a bit to satisfy their clientele. Whatever happens, enjoy your grandchild (we make a practice of bring each of ours on a cruise with just Grandma and Grandpa when they turn 12).

S thank you all so much for your help ! I am encouraged now. We continue to pray that her pregnancy will proceed and go full term. She has already had one miscarriage. I will need to wait a bit before I cancel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, teacher34 said:

S thank you all so much for your help ! I am encouraged now. We continue to pray that her pregnancy will proceed and go full term. She has already had one miscarriage. I will need to wait a bit before I cancel.

Oh gosh, I am so sorry! I hope she goes through full-term too! 

For future reference, always buy travel insurance within a week of making first deposit. If you think there’s even a chance of cancelling, buy the “cancel for any reason” optional coverage. 

Congrats on on your good news and hopefully everything works out great for you guys. 

Make sure you know what fare you booked under and the cancellation policy for that fare.

If your fare allows penalty free cancellation, check the number of days out you need to be from the sail date to cancel for a full refund and make sure to cancel before that date.

If you have a nonrefundable deposit or in a penalty time frame for cancellation, you will probably  lose whatever amount of money was specified at the time of booking.

I would not count on any hard luck story changing the requirements of your booking payments.

As Homosassa stated, you need to know fare schedule you have. Anything other than Early Saver, you should receive all money back, since you are still before final payment, but make sure you cancel before the final payment date.

Now, if you are all booked under Early Saver, regardless of when you cancel, you will lose $50 per person, and the rest of the deposit (not over and above what you have paid towards cruise), will be held for 2 years for a future cruise.