WW, Skinny drinks and sugar free desserts

rangerdog

anything SF may contain stuff like  Aspertame or other fake chemical  crap.  NSA means exactly that>.   no sugar( real or fake) is added.  they may add natural sweeteners like honey.  or agave.  I have to try and think of the possibilities for sweetener  in the packets.. I believe yellow, pink blue and  brown plus the white are typical.  I like trivia and stevia and you can get those in  packets to bring yourself.  

I am  still using the old school WW( I never converted from like  three changes ago) and there was no difference in  points for being SF or NSA. 

• Like 1

Many sugar free desserts are made with stevia or erithrytol, which are both natural sugar alcohols.

No sugar added may have fruit juice used instead.

I found that if I asked for berries and whipped cream, I had no issues getting it. I avoid the gelatin type desserts and anything claiming to be Key Lime pie.

I found that vodka soda or rum with Diet Coke was universally available at the bars. Enjoy!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2019 at 11:04 AM, spookwife said:

anything SF may contain stuff like  Aspertame or other fake chemical  crap.  NSA means exactly that>.   no sugar( real or fake) is added.  they may add natural sweeteners like honey.  or agave.  I have to try and think of the possibilities for sweetener  in the packets.. I believe yellow, pink blue and  brown plus the white are typical.  I like trivia and stevia and you can get those in  packets to bring yourself.  

I am  still using the old school WW( I never converted from like  three changes ago) and there was no difference in  points for being SF or NSA. 

Hello!  Thanks for the tip on bringing my own Stevia.  I have that on my packing list for next week.  What other artificial sweetners do cruiseships have?  I'm also bringing the SF flavor packs for my bottled water.  

I've done a few cruises while on WW and I have lost, gained or stayed the same. Stick with the same things that have brought you success so far. More chicken and fish for dinner, less beef and pasta, load up on veggies, try not to over do the sauces, all things in moderation. Eat fruit. Keep up with the water. I'm not a big drinker so it wasn't hard to limit myself to one or two cocktails a day. Take the steps all the time, go for early morning walks out on deck, maybe hit the gym.  

Oh and--stay away from the buffet. Just because the food is always available, doesn't mean it has to always be eaten. 🙂

Have great time!

On 3/31/2019 at 6:05 AM, wesorbeth said:

Good luck to you, I am a LTM of WW, you will be able to stay on plan. The sugar free deserts on the MDR menu are good, I have not tried a SF WCMC. My husband and I usually split a desert. The serenity bar has lighter cocktails.  

You make an assumption that we all know what all your abbreviations mean.  SF?  WCMC??  LTM??

DON

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 2:31 PM, bdever said:

Really? The sell it at every major grocery store, also target or BevMo. It’s a must have staple item in the liquor cabinet for summer time flavored vodka tonics by the pool or on the patio. 

You may not find Diet Tonic on many cruises.

Hank