When does Princess mail the Medallion?

TheBeatnik

8 minutes ago, TheBeatnik said:

I downloaded the app, filled everything out, and I am “Ocean Ready.” But it’s been about three weeks, and I haven’t received the medallion. Do they send it just before the cruise?

When are you sailing? I received mine 2-3 weeks before sail date.  They will send you an email when they ship. 

Edited by drewdrewcruiser

4 minutes ago, drewdrewcruiser said:

When are you sailing? I received mine 2-3 weeks before sail date.  They will send you an email when they ship. 

May 14. I’ll be a little more patient!

Thanks!

I downloaded and completed the Ocean Ready app months ago and have called Princess 3 times regarding the delivery of our medallions,and they just said that it is on its way with no way to check the status.We leave Friday for the 4/7 and 4/14 cruises on Regal and have received nothing.

7 minutes ago, johnmik1 said:

I downloaded and completed the Ocean Ready app months ago and have called Princess 3 times regarding the delivery of our medallions,and they just said that it is on its way with no way to check the status.We leave Friday for the 4/7 and 4/14 cruises on Regal and have received nothing.

did you get an email from Princess stating it was being delivered to your address or to pick up at port?

1 hour ago, johnmik1 said:

We are on this cruise with you and received them about a week ago. When you go on your ocean ready app and look in your medallion section, it should say "on the way" when you click on details. Do you see that? If not, at this point, I would just plan that you'll get them at check-in. 1 week from today 🛳🌴🎉🎉

Now it is saying that they will be available at the port as they didn’t have time to deliver or my address could not be delivered to.As I said,I completed all of this in December.It really doesn’t matter as long as I know what the plan is.As we are on for 22 days,they combined the cruise on the Ocen ready making it look like one cruise even though we have 2 different booking #’s and cabins.We shall see in a week.

1 hour ago, TheBeatnik said:

I downloaded the app, filled everything out, and I am “Ocean Ready.” But it’s been about three weeks, and I haven’t received the medallion. Do they send it just before the cruise?

If it is being sent to your residence usually week to a couple of weeks out.

Someone posted this only applies to people in the US. 

Not sure if that has changed.

Others will pick it up at the port during check-in.

17 minutes ago, johnmik1 said:

Now it is saying that they will be available at the port as they didn’t have time to deliver or my address could not be delivered to.As I said,I completed all of this in December.It really doesn’t matter as long as I know what the plan is.As we are on for 22 days,they combined the cruise on the Ocen ready making it look like one cruise even though we have 2 different booking #’s and cabins.We shall see in a week.

We took a back to back to back series of 3 cruises totaling 28 days on the Caribbean Princess with  3 booking numbers. Our medallion came in the mail and was good for the entire 28 days.  We were in the same cabin the entire time.

What if a person was leaving home a day before taking a 15 day cruise and at the end of that cruise was to board another Medallion ready ship at a different port for back to back cruises?  Would your Medallions for the 2nd and 3rd cruises be sitting at your home post office?  Would Princess send them early so you got them before leaving home?  Would they be waiting for you at the check-in desk for the 2nd cruise?

2 hours ago, nukesubsailor said:

We took a back to back to back series of 3 cruises totaling 28 days on the Caribbean Princess with  3 booking numbers. Our medallion came in the mail and was good for the entire 28 days.  We were in the same cabin the entire time.

Two different CSR's at Princess told me that we would get a new medallion for the second cruise.I really don't much care how they do it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johnmik1 said:

I had to actively have the mediallion sent which is on the ocean ready app.  I also had to confirm which address (cabin mate has a different address) I wanted it sent to. When i completed that I received an email that said "Thank you for your Ocean Medallion order" with a confirmation number.  Did you order your medallions?  I saw that you had to order the medallion at least 12 days in advance.  There was also an option to have it picked up at the port.

Edited by lolane1
Addition

2 minutes ago, lolane1 said:

I had to actively have the mediallion sent which is on the ocean ready app.  I also had to confirm which address (cabin mate has a different address) I wanted it sent to. When i completed that I received an email that said "Thank you for your Ocean Medallion order" with a confirmation number.  Did you order your medallions? 

how long before your cruise were you able to do that ?? - we've been Ocean Ready for a couple of weeks now, but don't sail for 6 weeks

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

OK, where in the app do we look for that ?

Open up and log into Ocean Ready. On the bottom of the screen there is a big circle with Ocean Medallion & Accessories written in it.  Tap it. The next screen will say "Expedite boarding by confirming your address and having your Ocean Medallion(s) and accessories shipped to you home in advance."  You will then be able to order.  Three steps.  

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, lolane1 said:

I had to actively have the mediallion sent which is on the ocean ready app.  I also had to confirm which address (cabin mate has a different address) I wanted it sent to. When i completed that I received an email that said "Thank you for your Ocean Medallion order" with a confirmation number.  Did you order your medallions?  I saw that you had to order the medallion at least 12 days in advance.  There was also an option to have it picked up at the port.

I did all of the above and verified with Princess 3 times that I did it correctly and was told that I did.I think they are still trying to work out the issues.

16 minutes ago, johnmik1 said:

I did all of the above and verified with Princess 3 times that I did it correctly and was told that I did.I think they are still trying to work out the issues.

I guess it will be interesting to see if I get it.  If not, no worries, I'll get one at the port.  

• Haha 1

Why add one more thing to one's to do list?  I can see no reason to get the medallion mailed to you at home.  You just have to remember to bring it!!!!!!!!!  Why even do this if you can just pick up at the port?  And I am sure the under 10 minutes it saves you will not be remembered in your memory bank after the cruise is over!!!  What am I missing here?  

Pooh

19 hours ago, cole'snana said:

We are an older couple who do not have devices that use apps.  We have a BB cruise May 25 on Caribbean Princess.

Will we still receive the medallion in the mail.  Do I have to do anything on my reservation about this?  Thank you.

Just wait and pick up at the port.  One less thing to have to remember while preparing for your cruise!

Pooh