Combo Ruins/ Beach Excursions

DeepC

Sailing on RCL "Indy" on April 29.  They offer a combo tour to the ruins and to the lagoon. Pretty expensive package and not exactly what we want. Yes a quickie to the ruins then was hoping for a beach where my fiancée can get a massage and some snorkeling in?????  I'm seeing some offered by companies not directly affiliated with the ship. One is through Island Marketing? Next is Shore Excursions Group? and Next is Jaital?  They are all priced like half of what RCL tours are... Does anybody have experience with them. I looked at the recommended "Native tours" group but didn't see any excursions offering both. Any suggestions or input on the above listed tour groups? 

19 minutes ago, DeepC said:

Sailing on RCL "Indy" on April 29.  They offer a combo tour to the ruins and to the lagoon. Pretty expensive package and not exactly what we want. Yes a quickie to the ruins then was hoping for a beach where my fiancée can get a massage and some snorkeling in?????  I'm seeing some offered by companies not directly affiliated with the ship. One is through Island Marketing? Next is Shore Excursions Group? and Next is Jaital?  They are all priced like half of what RCL tours are... Does anybody have experience with them. I looked at the recommended "Native tours" group but didn't see any excursions offering both. Any suggestions or input on the above listed tour groups? 

No experience with the tours but just wanted to say Native Choice certainly offer ruins and lagoon, and lagoon only tour. You need to scroll across on website or use drop down menu at the top of tours.

I meant to say Native Choice (Not Native Tours).

I keep looking at that one with a lot of interest... I hear about swimming and kayaking there. Wonder if they have beach massage or snorkeling available? 

Edited by DeepC
Add a sentence

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2019 at 11:39 AM, DeepC said:

We've used Island Marketing https://costamayacruiseexcursions.com/ a few times in Costa Maya and other port and definitely would recommend them. We didn't go to the lagoon but to the beach which is gorgeous and they have cheap massages available. You can basically walk to the reef and snorkel as the water is so shallow 

Native Choice does not have a beach and snorkel tour.  They are very focused on Maya ruins but do have the tour with a stop at Blue Lagoon.

However, if your ship is in port long enough and you are only doing a single ruins tour, they will drop you off along the malecon and you can experience the beach and massages there.  Snorkeling is not that great along the malecon.

But ask them to drop you at Blue Kay.  It's nearer the lighthouse, a bit more space between it and near by beach clubs (or at least used to be more isolated) and any snorkeling is better there.