Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast

marycr

Hi Everyone!  We usually sail RC and are really excited to experience a new line! Does anyone know how to book the character breakfast?  I don't see the option on the website.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi, Mary. You book the character breakfast onboard ship.  I have never heard of it selling out so no need to worry.  It's often mentioned in the first Fun Times you will get in your cabin with instructions where to go sign in.

There will be a table on the ship where you can book, or you can dial the number listed in the Fun Times and give them your cabin number. Or just show up!

It doesn't sell out -- usually only a small section of that one dining room is used (the rest is empty). It's SO cute. We loved it!

If you'd like to see a little of what it's like--with a picture of the menu, here's a link to an "album" of our cruise with our granddaughter. Click on the blue words. The breakfast pictures are #174 - 187 feel free to skip the rest. If you want to see the pictures full sized, click on one and move forward by clicking on the arrow.

link to our cruise album

As grand-parents

we booked ours on Lido Deck, as we emerged from the mid-ship elevator bank.

We got the funny look from the booking lady

who asked if we were aware that this was primarily a kiddy function

but we said Yeah yeah it's OK.

It was a gas! We even took part in the Parade! lol

Memory Value.jpg

Thing1-688.jpg

Thing2-695.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Parade: yes on our two Carnivals it started in the Punchliner club (aft lounge)

and finished in the big showroom up front.

Now you say that...

I remember walking the length of the Promenade Deck!

And then I guess two flights of stairs -from Deck 5 down to 3

and thence to the big theater up fwd.

• Like 1

Like others have said, you book it on the ship either by finding their table on embarkation day or booking it through the main desk. For those saying it doesn't sell out it DID sell out on the Vista for us a few years ago which is confusing now that I'm reading what everyone is saying?! We did wait a few days before we tried to book though as we forgot to sign up for it so our boys could experience it and were told it was too late. Maybe that had something to do with it?  😕

• Thanks 1

I've also seen the breakfast sell out. There are usually two seatings (an early morning and later morning option). We wanted to book the earlier one cause our daughter would definitely be up and hungry by then. I missed the table to book it and inquired with our dining maitre'd one night at dinner. They were able to book us right there at the hostess stand but the earlier seating was sold out. I do think there is a high no-show rate though. It's only $5 per person so I could see people skipping it or forgetting about it. There were quite a few open tables at our seating even though we were told it was also almost sold out when we booked it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mek said:

Looks like so much fun - will be taking a 5 year old on Carnival next Feb.

Don't miss it! and for five bucks?....

My wife enjoyed it thoroughly

because her 5 daus. were reared on Dr. Seuss

Memory Value.jpg

• Like 1

It can sell out, so if you know you want to go, just book it right as you get on the ship.  We cruised over a popular Spring Break week, and they added a third Green Eggs & Ham Breakfast on our second port day.  We attended the late seating on our last Sea Day, and the lady checking people in told us there was a waiting list of people hoping to get in.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2019 at 6:04 AM, chocolate melting cake said:

If you'd like to see a little of what it's like--with a picture of the menu, here's a link to an "album" of our cruise with our granddaughter. Click on the blue words. The breakfast pictures are #174 - 187 feel free to skip the rest. If you want to see the pictures full sized, click on one and move forward by clicking on the arrow.

link to our cruise album

I loved your pictures! Beautiful family! And the shirts at the breakfast was a nice touch!

10 hours ago, SugarTwist said:

What age does it seem boring for the kids? I have an eight year old and would like her to experience it, but wondering if it's more for those that are smaller. 

Our boys were 8 last year when we did it on the Dream and they loved it. We'll see what they think this year when we do it on the Horizon. I think she would enjoy it and to be honest it was the best breakfast I had on the cruise so it was worth it just for that! 

• Like 1

I have to admit that we enjoyed it so much that on our last cruise we went with another couple-----four grandparents just eating sugary breakfasts and basking in the children's joy,! I must admit we were louder than the kids and had more fun with displaying how the coloring from the waffles coats your tongue!!

IMG0352.jpg

IMG0354.jpg

IMG0356.jpg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Our boys were 8 last year when we did it on the Dream and they loved it. We'll see what they think this year when we do it on the Horizon. I think she would enjoy it and to be honest it was the best breakfast I had on the cruise so it was worth it just for that! 

My 9-yr-old and 7-yr-old were 8 1/2 and 6 1/2 when we did it on the Inspiration and they both loved it. If it makes a difference, they both still really dig character breakfasts at Disneyland. It was just whimsical and fun. The characters were there for photo ops but you didn't have to go see them if you didn't want to.

The table we were seated at had another family with kids exactly a year older than them, and those kids really enjoyed it too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chocolate melting cake said:

I must admit we were louder than the kids

and had more fun with displaying

how the coloring from the waffles coats your tongue!!

IMG0356.jpg

Oh that last picture is priceless!

1 minute ago, chocolate melting cake said:

Oh that last picture is priceless!

Aplmac, I don't know if I'd agree-----in 54 years of marriage

I can't count the number of times my wife has stuck her tongue out at me!

Having been married twice now

for a cumulative total of what... 18 + 28 = 406 years now

OK it only seeeems that long --I understand your problem