Golf Cart Rental

Sarcastic Mama

Do not use Karib.  I booked two golf carts last May for our Horizon cruise in Dec.  I had to put $45 deposit via paypal.  In July my sister also reserved a cart for the same cruise.  When we all arrived in Dec, they said they did not have any carts.  Said they only have one cart and are basically out of business and thought they had returned our deposit back (yeah, right.)  Once back, I contacted Karib a couple times but got no response, so I did a chargeback through paypal, but they would not return the $45 deposit since it been more than 6 months.  

This is currently challenging.  Karib apparently has gone bust.  Omar (Grand Turk adventures) has decent good recent reviews on Tripadvisor but his website was hacked at one point (supposedly) and is now down.  Wet Money has a website and some options, but honestly I felt their rep onsite was sleazy (he was offering pretty girls discounts and I am pretty sure weed).  They were also the only one operating inside the port area for some reason.

We used Omar (pre-reserved via email paid on site) and were fine with it.  The cart itself wasn't the best but it did the job and he was great with email responses. 

There are many threads on the topic, some have maps etc.   Note that the island itself is only 7 miles long, there's not THAT much to see there (and no road signs but its kinda hard to get lost)

On 4/6/2019 at 7:30 PM, Loonbeam said:

We used Omar (pre-reserved via email paid on site) and were fine with it.  The cart itself wasn't the best but it did the job and he was great with email responses. 

Do you have a website or email you can provide? I didn't find anything on a Google search.

• 1 month later...

Just got home on May 11 from our cruise that stopped in Grand Turk.  We took a tram tour that is sold right on the beach for $25 per adult.  While on the tram tour, I did see lots of people in golf carts driving all over the island.  Unless you know where you are going or a little bit about what you are seeing, I don't think it would be as good as the tour we took(just my humble opinion).  Our tour guide really told us a lot about what we were seeing and we didn't have to navigate where the heck we were going.  One upside of having a golf cart is that one could stop when and where ever one wanted too.  That would have been kind of nice but we picked the guided tram tour.  We only saw one golf cart that was stopped in the middle of the street.  Looked they probably broke down.

• 2 weeks later...

We’re considering renting a golf cart too.

Where is the rental area? Inside the terminal or outside the gates?

I read on Wet Money’s site they say go to the taxi stand - where exactly is this?

wetmoneyent.com

Is a reservation really necessary?

Based on reviews, that’s where all the negative feedback is related to. I’d rather not give a deposit and just try our luck of showing up early.

(This is our 6th visit to the island. We’ve done many of the tours offered. Looking to try something new. We rented a golf cart in Key West and our kids really enjoyed it.)

• 2 weeks later...

We had an awesome time when we rented a golf cart and drove all over the island. I would highly recommend it. 

Just walk out of the port, then you'll be in the parking lot, then kinda head to the left and you'll see the gate and little hut there. You'll be right on the road and they are right down the road a small distance. All the companies will be lined up there (at least they were when we went) and they'll all want you to rent from them. 😉

Have a great time. 

For the tram tour that we took, we walked down the pier, through the cruise port and onto the beach.  You will see a sign stuck in the sand on the beach, just head that way.  You will see someone selling the tickets.  Since is it a public beach, they have to stand in the sand and not on the private Carnival port area.  Once it was time to leave for the tour, everyone was  just standing around and a man spoke up and told all of us to head out of the port area.  After we exited the port area, the tram was waiting for us just on the side of the road outside the port gates.  It's real easy and there will be lots of folks in your group walking with you to the exit gate.  I can't remember the name of the company.