2 DAM Sisters in St Thomas

VMax1700

Koningsdam on left and Nieuw Statendam on right moored in Havensight, St Thomas, USVI today.

For the next three days they will be shadowing each other as we both have a sea day tomorrow, followed by Half Moon Cay on Saturday and back to Fort Lauderdale on Sunday morning

20190404_142417.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That doesn't look like Havensight--it's at the base of a tall hill (Skyride to Paradise Point).  The hill shown looks like the one looming over Crown Bay, but the ships seem to be an position I haven't seen before.

Thete was a 'toot fest' this evening as both ships departed. 4 minutes of tooting at each other. Great fun! Nieuw Statendam had a sign at the bridge side window saying 'Pump the pods!'

I tried to pist a video but failed (4 times!). File too large for ship's internet i think, even reducing the quality.

42 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

That doesn't look like Havensight--it's at the base of a tall hill (Skyride to Paradise Point).  The hill shown looks like the one looming over Crown Bay, but the ships seem to be an position I haven't seen before.

Havensight mall receipt! 😂

I stand corrected.  I guess I've never seen the Havensight area from the water where I assume this photo was taken.  In looking at the images for Havensight on Google, the vast majority are looking down from Paradise Point.  We've been there many times and I've taken several snorkel excursions from there; guess I never took a photo as shown, just photos of the fish <g>.