Karaoke

Mlschwartz56

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Recently on the Carnival Vista, they did have karaoke most every night.  They had karaoke in the Liquid Lounge and they had karaoke in the smaller Red Frog bar.  The LL karaoke brought out the professionals (or those who thought they were professionals) while we did karaoke in the Red Frog.  Smaller more engaged crowd.  

• 3 months later...

It can very so much from ship to ship and cruise to cruise. We like to sing a little, but sometimes it just isn't worth the hassle. It takes some guts to get up and sing and if the cruise line makes me feel like they don't care, I don't bother. It is a form of entertainment that costs them nothing after the initial cost of equipment. Not sure what cost they incur on music, but I would think with their leverage they could get a great deal. Train your KJ's, have decent equipment and a good way for people to find their songs. Not four three ring binders for everyone.

Last cruise on Carnival was the worst. The the person running the show was a pushover and let one group take over the show. And the worst there was a man from the group who thought he was gods gift for looks and singing. I won't comment on his  looks but his singing consisted of not following the words and I am not exaggerating, screaming. Not singing, screaming each song. After the first encounter, if we saw this group in the karaoke area, we would leave.

Conversely on another Carnival cruise, the KJ was fantastic and took his job seriously. Before I sang, I asked the crowd to give him a round of applause and he was obviously touched.

On our Celebrity cruise this past January, we didn't sing. My DW and I were just not into it. The location and more importantly the length of the event (short, you had to get there early before it started to get your name in and even then we saw many people discouraged) we decided not to.

Ya' just never know, you know.