Luggage

hamish123

Can anyone help please, we are thinking of going on the Ventura from 29th Dec 2019 to 3rd Jan 2020 and then joining the Aurora on Jan4th.

We would stay overnight in Southampton, does anyone know if its possible to leave our luggage at the port for the 24hours between ships.

Thanks

I have had a quick look but the luggage services all seem to be away from the docks, so not much point. Chances are you may be at different dock for each cruise so it may no be all that advantageous to do it anyway. I suppose you could ask as you are debarking if there is anything handy and if not just take the bags with you.

Assuming you're not going to doss down in the park :classic_wink: you'l be staying at  hotel on the night of the 3rd, so simply keep your luggage with you.

You might want to put overnite stuff in your carry-on, but prospects are that you'll want to do some re-organising.

Every hotel I've used has been happy to store bags if arriving before check-in time or leaving after check-out time.

JB :classic_smile:

Edited by John Bull

Unfortunately the cruise ship schedule for Southampton doesn't show after December, but just looking at the last Aurora in Dec, she leaves from Mayflower, so will probably return there; Ventura on the 29th is scheduled to go from Ocean terminal, so again will probably return there. I'd think of booking one of the nearby hotels, such as the Holiday Inn, or the one across the road (can't remember its name now- John Bull?), unless you have other plans for the night.

Of course, terminals can be switched, but they do try to get a ship back to the terminal she left. 

46 minutes ago, jocap said:

. I'd think of booking one of the nearby hotels, such as the Holiday Inn, or the one across the road (can't remember its name now- John Bull?), unless you have other plans for the night.

Of course, terminals can be switched, but they do try to get a ship back to the terminal she left. 

You're probably thinking of the Grand Harbour, Jo - or possibly Premier Inn West Quay.

But there are a lot of other hotels between Mayflower (berth 105/6) and Ocean (berth 46) and any hotel between them, from Ibis Budget (£) to Southampton Harbour (£££££) will do the job.

https://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/southampton_accommodation.htm

BTW, to answer the OP's precise question there's no left-luggage facility at either cruise terminal. There's left luggage at http://www.oceanssouthampton.com/ but not very convenient so a bit pointless - much easier to keep it with you at your hotel

• Like 1

On 4/7/2019 at 5:12 PM, John Bull said:

Assuming you're not going to doss down in the park :classic_wink: you'l be staying at  hotel on the night of the 3rd, so simply keep your luggage with you.

Some hotels are suspicious of people with no luggage.  It sometimes looks like you have just met up in a local night club or something.  Although this "simply keep you luggage with you" is radical, I think it is the best way to roll.  Then there is no embarrassing explanations at hotel check in as to why you have no luggage and "Do you sell toothbrushes?" incidents are avoided as it looks  long term planned.

Regards John

Edited by john watson