Australia/New Zealand or Asia

yorky

Decisions, Decisions. So we want to cruise to a part of the world we have never visited before to Celebrate my 60th and my wife’s 50th and we can’t make our mind up. Celebrity offer some tasty options to both areas in Feb 2021. Anyone done both and have a favourite ? 

1 minute ago, yorky said:

I wish

:classic_biggrin:

It’s really difficult to say as they both have much to offer. We’ve been to Oz a few times and our kids would probably go for that choice, so we could visit relatives at the same time. We loved our cruise from HK to Singapore and could easily take the same itinerary and complete totally different experiences. The ports are further away from the cities though on most of the Asian cruises, so I’d recommend staying overnight in the hotels where possible.

We have enjoyed one Australia/NZ cruise and several Asia cruises.  The reason we haven't repeated the Aus/NZ cruise is that there is so much to see in Australia that we want to take a longer land tour there.  

Although the ports in Asia are often some way from the places we wanted to visit we were able to see many interesting sights on private small group tours.  Most of the Celebrity Asia cruises leave one port and end in another, so we try to have a few days at each end of the cruise.  This gives an overview of several cities and a more  in depth experience in others.

I don't really think you can go wrong with either choice, but my preference would be for Asia.