Yes or No!

thesmiths

I go with the Baltimore itinerary. We just came off the Pride on March 24. It was our 6th sailing on the Pride. We are a bit different than most people, we really like sea days, and the islands that the Pride visits don't matter too much to us. As long as it's warm, and there is a nice beach, we don't care where we go. Plus, we live in Philly; a short 1 1/2hr. drive to Baltimore. We go the day before, take advantage of one of the Park & Cruise packages, etc. The Pride crew is always fantastic, the price is right too, so whichever itinerary you choose, have a great cruise.

• Like 1

So did you ask this same question on a Keys forum?  🙂  Key West is the reason we got sidetracked from cruising several years ago - we have three trips booked there this year.  BUT next year we're cruising again in Hawaii - on Carnival.  And we'll still probably go to Key West for a week later in the year, can't stay away.

Which cruise did you book??  😎

19 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

The Pride is the better ship by far. The Conquest Class are our least favorite ships and Sunrise will still be a Conquest build after the conversion to Sunrise.

The Sunrise (formerly known as the Triumph) was a Destiny Class.  None of the Conquest Class ships have been renamed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

The Sunrise (formerly known as the Triumph) was a Destiny Class.  None of the Conquest Class ships have been renamed.

In all fairness the destiny class was almost exactly the same as the conquest class

• Thanks 1

Just to give you an update.

Went with Sunrise out of New York even though Baltimore would be closer and less expensive for parking etc.

Few factors were it is an 8 day.

Always wanted to sail by the Statue Of Liberty on a cruise ship.

Think our Aft Wrap Port side will be perfect for the view of her.

Birthday is middle of the Cruise and I'll be on Island.

Better choice Of Islands even though we are going to hit San Juan and Grand Turk On the Magic Next Month.

Will probably take Amtrak up from Wilmington De and Uber over to Port.

Just Picked FTTF as well. Not sure if it is necessary but great that my wife can get on the ship and go lay down if needed.

Thanks all for your insight and thoughts.

Now to tell my wife what she got me for my Birthday! 🙂

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

Just to give you an update.

Went with Sunrise out of New York even though Baltimore would be closer and less expensive for parking etc.

Few factors were it is an 8 day.

Always wanted to sail by the Statue Of Liberty on a cruise ship.

Think our Aft Wrap Port side will be perfect for the view of her.

Birthday is middle of the Cruise and I'll be on Island.

Better choice Of Islands even though we are going to hit San Juan and Grand Turk On the Magic Next Month.

Will probably take Amtrak up from Wilmington De and Uber over to Port.

Just Picked FTTF as well. Not sure if it is necessary but great that my wife can get on the ship and go lay down if needed.

Thanks all for your insight and thoughts.

Now to tell my wife what she got me for my Birthday! 🙂

Well that was fun, not that I truly believe for a minute anyone here helped you finalize this grueling and difficult decision, that, um, had no wrong answer!!!!!!  Well, the wrong answer of course would have been, "meh, no cruise for you."  Enjoy!! Happy Birthday!

42 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Well that was fun, not that I truly believe for a minute anyone here helped you finalize this grueling and difficult decision, that, um, had no wrong answer!!!!!!  Well, the wrong answer of course would have been, "meh, no cruise for you."  Enjoy!! Happy Birthday!

🙂 Thank you!

On 4/9/2019 at 7:27 AM, hotsauce126 said:

In all fairness the destiny class was almost exactly the same as the conquest class

That would be like saying Vista class ships are almost exactly the same as Dream class ships.  Vista and Dream class ships are much closer to each other size wise (gross tonnage) than Destiny and Conquest class ships are to each other. 

41 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

That would be like saying Vista class ships are almost exactly the same as Dream class ships.  Vista and Dream class ships are much closer to each other size wise (gross tonnage) than Destiny and Conquest class ships are to each other. 

The conquest class was literally a modified version of the destiny class

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conquest-class_cruise_ship