DoI have to wait 8 hrs after payment?

3 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

I was told by a representative that I have to wait 8 hrs after making the booking for me to purchase anything on the cruise planner, is that something new?

There needs to be time in order for your payment and any obc to batch and get posted to their accounting system and move from offered status to booked status.

Did the rep say "You need to wait 8 hours." or did they say "It may take up to 8 hours" ?

Edited by AdGuyMG

2 hours ago, AdGuyMG said:

There needs to be time in order for your payment and any obc to batch and get posted to their accounting system and move from offered status to booked status.

Did the rep say "You need to wait 8 hours." or did they say "It may take up to 8 hours" ?

Ahh the joys of batch processing and trying to explain it to non-IT people.

• Haha 1

I've experienced a delay accessing the cruise planner booking within 90 days.  I've paid in full since it's past final payment due date, yet it isn't instant access to the cruise planner.  It often takes a few hours for the system(s) to recognize my booking.

I often look for "Going, Going, Gone" rates between 60 and 30 days out so I've seen this effect a few times.  

10 hours ago, AdGuyMG said:

8 hours ago, gatour said:

Ahh the joys of batch processing and trying to explain it to non-IT people.

Some companies still use the term in-house , but years ago the Accounting / IT people used to call it "Running The Tape"

On 4/8/2019 at 8:39 PM, AdGuyMG said:

You need to wait 8 hrs

I was like this is new right and he said something like no

Btw I dint have to wait 8 hrs but it took the system 5 hrs for me to purchase anything in the cruise planner 😮