Sail and sign cards are now at your room??

10 hours ago, coevan said:

who travel at the cheapest rate,

Someone can be platinum and select the lowest priced inside cabin, still has the perk of early boarding and early cabin availability. Same applies to someone purchasing FTTF.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, soonernstlouis said:

It’s not fear-momgering.  That would be creating post titled: “Carnival new S&S policy risks losing people’s cruise money!!!!”

I simply disagreed with the new new process & stated why.  Sorry to go against the group-think.

BookBug53, My next cruise is on Fascination.

Once you've experienced the "new" process (which isn't really new any longer) you will see how much more efficient it is than the old one. We just returned from our first Royal cruise and they are using the same procedure. Works just as good for them.

5 hours ago, Quilcruisers said:

This process and the quick pass through of having your passport picture show up on the iPad are ingenious and have made check in a total breeze. We have literally gone from the car to the cabin in 45 minutes thanks to these changes. Once, we went from the terminal to our cabin in about 20 mins.  This has been in Galveston and during busy peak times and other times that were off peak. Most recently, spring break, my son and I spent about 30 minutes after being dropped off and we were in our cabin.  

I'm going to assume the iPad check-in doesn't work for foreign passengers.

1 minute ago, Bookbug53 said:

Why? 

I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking CBP may not have access to the passport DB of every country? I'm just kinda spitballing but I could see now that I might be wrong and it may be one big DB for all countries?

2 hours ago, Sean_B said:

I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking CBP may not have access to the passport DB of every country? I'm just kinda spitballing but I could see now that I might be wrong and it may be one big DB for all countries?

They have access to the DB's they need to have access to. I see no reason why all passengers can't be checked in with the iPads.

On 6/15/2019 at 11:50 AM, soonernstlouis said:

So for the steerage class, the change from getting you card at boarding to in your mailbox/room is a disadvantage.  Sounds to me like Carnival is creating their own mess rather than providing a better solution.

How is it a disadvantage?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dcjb said:

Will this ipad checkin work the same for my daughter -in-law traveling with a green card and a Ukrainian passport?

I'm not sure how check in works for non-Americans now; however years ago all non-Americans checked in at a separate counter where we could check the passports to see if they had the correct VISA.