Pinnacle Grill Breakfast Question

slimknyzer

4 minutes ago, slimknyzer said:

Is it permissible for Neptune Suite guests to bring another couple (family) to PG Breakfast if they are not also in a Neptune Suite?  I have heard some say yes and some say no.  Just curious.

At least on the first morning for breakfast in the PG, the manager/hostess will ask for your room # and will verify same on his/her computer at the check in podium. Having someone else not in a NS/PS with you, incl. family, could present a problem

We were on an Alaskan cruise with our daughter and son-in-law last year. Dh and I were in a Neptune Suite, so we asked this very question. The answer was a very polite but definite no. 

We are actually traveling soon with 2 other couples.  We are in a Neptune but they aren’t and would not be allowed in.  However, you could arrange afternoon tea in your suithrough the concierge one afternoon for you all to enjoy.  We have done that in the past when friends are not in a Neptune as well.  We had a wonderful afternoon one year when in Glacier Bay with friends on our huge balcony.  We preordered appetizers to our suite and our friends brought wine and we put on our warm jackets and enjoyed the views!  They thought it was fantastic.  (Views, the suite and the appetizers!) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Responder said:

We just got off the NS and no more breakfast in P Grill for anyone. Only club orange or MDR for Neptune people. Of course the Lido if you are desperate.

I think this is only on the NS and Konigsdam, the ships that have Club Orange. As far as I know all other ships offer breakfast in the PG to Neptune and Pinnacle Suite guests. It was available a month ago on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

2 hours ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

I think this is only on the NS and Konigsdam, the ships that have Club Orange. As far as I know all other ships offer breakfast in the PG to Neptune and Pinnacle Suite guests. It was available a month ago on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

That is correct info, Ma'am!  :classic_smile:

Just a heads up however, our Club Orange staff on K-dam three weeks ago advised us that HAL is planning to install Club Orange restaurants on the remaining thirteen (twelve after July 1st) ships. They plan to do so by taking a part of the MDR on those other ships and converting it to CO - think Canaletto as part of the Lido

7 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

HAL is planning to install Club Orange restaurants on the remaining thirteen (twelve after July 1st) ships. They plan to do so by taking a part of the MDR on those other ships and converting it to CO - think Canaletto as part of the Lido

Yet another ill-conceived idea. This will surely make my cruise line selection easier in the future. 😞

On 4/9/2019 at 1:40 AM, canadianbear said:

We are actually traveling soon with 2 other couples.  We are in a Neptune but they aren’t and would not be allowed in.  However, you could arrange afternoon tea in your suithrough the concierge one afternoon for you all to enjoy.  We have done that in the past when friends are not in a Neptune as well.  We had a wonderful afternoon one year when in Glacier Bay with friends on our huge balcony.  We preordered appetizers to our suite and our friends brought wine and we put on our warm jackets and enjoyed the views!  They thought it was fantastic.  (Views, the suite and the appetizers!) 

Edited by twentyknots
posted reply incorrectly

11 hours ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

11 hours ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

On all other ships you are correct. We were in a Neptune 6 months ago on the NA and it's still our favorite ship. After this trip on the NS, we would never book again and if they make the same changes on the other HAL ships, we are already looking elsewhere. When I get a moment, I will write a comprehensive review of our trip.

8 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

That is correct info, Ma'am!  :classic_smile:

Just a heads up however, our Club Orange staff on K-dam three weeks ago advised us that HAL is planning to install Club Orange restaurants on the remaining thirteen (twelve after July 1st) ships. They plan to do so by taking a part of the MDR on those other ships and converting it to CO - think Canaletto as part of the Lido

Didn't HAL try this once before and got such a backlash that they went back to the PG. Although I suppose this time, it will stick since they are making so many changes.

1 hour ago, retafcruiser said:

Yet another ill-conceived idea. This will surely make my cruise line selection easier in the future. 😞

Absolutely ill-conceived and discriminatory.

Using the previous Culinary Kitchen space as a Club Orange does not take away anything from other paying guests on board.  Using part of the MDR takes away tables that we all pay for and are entitled to in our basic cruise fare.  It will now be more difficult to get a prime MDR table because they will be assigned to those wishing to pay for them?