Upgrade?

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to look online but I thought it might be quicker to ask here since there are so many experienced cruisers here!

Sailing next year on the Pride. Have booked Cabin #6245. Received an upgrade offer for Cabin #8144 (extended balcony) for $20. I think this is a great deal but I'm concerned because the friend who is going with me has never cruised before. Looking for quiet and not too much motion (for her), I know I will be okay regardless. What do you think? Has anyone had that cabin before? If so, do you recommend it?
Thanks in advance,

Pam

I have stayed in rooms right under the pool deck before and experienced a good bit of noise in the early morning hours as the staff resets the deck chairs.  If you are a light sleeper this may be a problem unless you love to get up really early.

Also, try clicking the cabin categories and location tabs on the website when you pull up your upgrade offer.  I was able to get other cabins to choose from.  My offer was aft balcony cabin under pool deck, but I was able to select forward balcony on the same deck, but sandwiched between cabins, for the same price.

3 hours ago, LBumb said:

How much bigger is balcony

It's basically same width and twice as deep

21 hours ago, cruiselovin'girl said:

Have booked Cabin #6245. Received an upgrade offer for Cabin #8144 (extended balcony) for $20.

If so, do you recommend it?

Thanks in advance,

Pam

I have stayed in similar places as BOTH cabins. I checked the deck plans and where I stayed on the 2 different cruises are almost exact (6232 and 8175). I can say 6232 was a very tranquil and awesome cabin. When I had 8175 I heard very minor chairs while waking up (I heard nothing until about 10 mins after I got up) and it lasted MAYBE 15-20 mins. I'd guess it was in the 8-830am timeframe. Other than that it was also very quiet and tranquil and didn't have any real difference on swaying/rocking.

If it was my decision I would jump on it in a second. 20 bux for twice the balcony, similar location (mid ship), and closer to the open decks if I don't want to hide on my own...sold