Travel docs.

readman

How often do you fly? since Global Entry comes with TSA Pre-check, figure if you fly two round trips (or equivalent) a year whether foreign or domestic, it works to paying $10 per trip for a slightly to moderately more pleasant experience when dealing with immigration and security. Adjust those numbers up or down based on flight patterns.

I do about 5 domestic round trips a year and feel like Pre has been Worth Every Penny of the modest extra cost per ticket. I've been trying to figure out how to get Global Entry in addition but the nearest place to my home  to do the interview is a several hour drive away and I haven't managed to get a planned layover in ATL to line up with an interview time there yet. 

10 hours ago, readman said:

I was wondering if a global entry pass is worth purchasing for using when leaving Canada to fly to Florida at the airport customs desk. Thanks in advance.

Dale

I'm not completely sure what you're saying, and I may be misunderstanding, but you can't just buy it at the "customs desk". It's a process where you have to apply, interview, get a background check, etc. etc. Interviews may or may not be available at RSW airport, I'm not sure.

I applied for Global Entry over 30 days ago and still waiting to be conditionally approved so i can schedule an interview. I think its worth it if you travel several times a year and do international travel at least twice a year.

28 minutes ago, Voelfgar said:

I applied for Global Entry over 30 days ago and still waiting to be conditionally approved so i can schedule an interview. I think its worth it if you travel several times a year and do international travel at least twice a year.

I had to renew late 2018 and it took 30 days just to get the renewal processed, let alone a first time approval. It can be a long process, sometimes...irritatingly so.

1 hour ago, 6rugrats said:

I renewed this year and it took several months.  No idea why that long.

Admittedly, I started my renewal process later than I wanted to, but I really did think it was going to lapse while I waited for my renewal. Now that I am thinking back, my previous claim of a month was wrong, it was more like five weeks. I think I got the renewal approval two days before it was set to expire. Didn't have to do in for another interview, though.

Thanks everyone who took the time to respond to my question. I’ve started the process for the global entry and have my fingers crossed that it will be completed so that I may do the interview in the airport in Fort Lauderdale,FL. on my return flight from Canada . 

Readman, we live in Colorado.  When I was setting up the interview here I had to wait five months.  I did research and found that I could do the interview in the Vancouver Canada airport once we landed before our cruise.   So I did just that.  Easy to make appointment and an easy process at airport.