card question

hummingangel

Hello everyone, cant wait for our cruise in October. I do have a question though, we booked our 2 minor sons (12,14) in the same room (2 doors down from us) but we want to know can we get access to their room on our cards or have another card of their room made for us? they are still minors and so want to check on them. Thanks 

also can we put a block on the cards so they cant keep spending money. 

19 minutes ago, hummingangel said:

Hello everyone, cant wait for our cruise in October. I do have a question though, we booked our 2 minor sons (12,14) in the same room (2 doors down from us) but we want to know can we get access to their room on our cards or have another card of their room made for us? they are still minors and so want to check on them. Thanks 

also can we put a block on the cards so they cant keep spending money. 

Yes, you can get an extra 'key card' from guest services. It will be set to just open the door and will not have charging privileges. We do this all the time with grandkids

When you register on line just indicate they do not have charging privileges on your credit card or set limits. You can also add cash to their folio at guest services once on board.

Edited by Bookbug53
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, mjktg99 said:

No you cannot get extra cards just for the room as they do not have just door keys.  The card is your room key and spending account.  Yes you can limit their spending or block it all together.

This is incorrect.

Yes, you can have a key made for their cabin. Guest services can do this for you. Enjoy your cruise! 

• Like 1

I echo the others.

Yes, you can get room keys made at Guest Services.

Yes, you can either block or restrict their spending privleges on their S&S cards.  You can do this during online check in or at GS or using the Kiosk on board.

• Like 1

My sister and I got an extra key to my elderly parent’s room on the Magic last summer so that we could check on her as necessary.  Both of you just need to go to Guest Services and they will make you an extra key that opens the door only (no charging privileges).

I concur with this others, you can get an extra door key. We did this when we traveled with our daughter and her friend. We did have to have the friend go to guest services with us to arrange this since she wasn't a minor and staying in the room, even though we paid for her ticket. You can also set a limit on the spending. We did this during check in. 

6 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

This is incorrect.

Yes, you can have a key made for their cabin. Guest services can do this for you. Enjoy your cruise! 

huh... i have asked this before and been told no.  I think I asked this prior to actually being on the ship with a phone call to carnival.  I guess now I know to just wait to get on the ship to get a real answer..

11 minutes ago, mjktg99 said:

huh... i have asked this before and been told no.  I think I asked this prior to actually being on the ship with a phone call to carnival.  I guess now I know to just wait to get on the ship to get a real answer..

The problem is if you call Carnival, if you're not talking to a PVP who actually knows what they're doing, you'll get a different answer 9/10 times. Typically you'll have better luck and more accurate answers by calling your local 7-11. 

7 hours ago, Bookbug53 said:

Yes, you can get an extra 'key card' from guest services.

It will be set to just open the door -and will not have charging privileges.

We do this all the time with grandkids

^

Useful to know! Thanks.

Most ppl have no idea that the door lock on your cabin

is a small computer with a sizeable memory.

If and when necessary, Ship's Security can visit your cabin

and read an entire history of lock access --Time, Date and Whose Card did what -

- that data stored in your door lock and available to Security

to figure out Who went in there, and when!