Upsell: Obs balcony to mini suite?

sciteach11

We will be on the Royal in June to Alaska. We booked an obstructed balcony across the hall from my in-laws (interior), who will be on their first cruise. In our room it will be myself with DH and DS (6 months). We were offered an upsell for $250 pp to a mini suite. The plus side would mean more room for the crib, but the downside is we would be on a different deck from DH’s parents since there are no mini suites on deck 8. What would you do? We’ve never been on a Royal class ship, though we were in a mini suite on the Golden and it was nice. Does the per person upsell cost apply to the third person too?

2 minutes ago, sciteach11 said:

We will be on the Royal in June to Alaska. We booked an obstructed balcony across the hall from my in-laws (interior), who will be on their first cruise. In our room it will be myself with DH and DS (6 months). We were offered an upsell for $250 pp to a mini suite. The plus side would mean more room for the crib, but the downside is we would be on a different deck from DH’s parents since there are no mini suites on deck 8. What would you do? We’ve never been on a Royal class ship, though we were in a mini suite on the Golden and it was nice. Does the per person upsell cost apply to the third person too?

Call the number immediately ... then ask what they can do about moving the in-laws also ... if that's what you really want to do ...:classic_rolleyes:

If you have a crib I would take the Mini suite. A crib in a balcony cabin will not allow much floor space to move around.The mini suite has a sofa which would be important for the baby watching. A standard balcony does not. Question to ask: is it $250 pp x 3 or x 2?

Call right away, these upsells go fast.

Thank you both! I just double checked our reservation and we are actually in a deluxe balcony, so we have the mini sofa/futon. Good point about needing a place for the in-laws to sit while they baby watch! 😉 They also just got an upsell for a balcony, but they're not interested in paying any more.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, skynight said:

If you have a crib I would take the Mini suite. A crib in a balcony cabin will not allow much floor space to move around.The mini suite has a sofa which would be important for the baby watching. A standard balcony does not. Question to ask: is it $250 pp x 3 or x 2?

Call right away, these upsells go fast.

Usually it is 2.