No boarding docs. What happens?

I know, I know, I should have printed out my boarding docs last month, but I didn't.  Right now the Royal Caribbean site will not let me log on.  I leave tomorrow.  What happens if I show up without my boarding docs?  

You cannot access the website within three days of sailing. No problem, it will just take you an extra minute or two at the port. Just have your passport or BC and you are on your way. Have a great cruise.

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That only works on some of the 14 ships which use the app. 

‘Tis true. I forget not all have the app. 🙂

Thank you. 

Edited by barbeyg

1 hour ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Pier Staff have manifests where they do the initial check for passports/traveling ID.  The check-in agents will have you in the system.  As others have said, it just adds extra minutes to your check-in process.

That depends on how efficient the security agents at the door are.

Some of them can be very slow in finding you on the manifest.  😉 

4 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Pier Staff have manifests where they do the initial check for passports/traveling ID.  The check-in agents will have you in the system.  As others have said, it just adds extra minutes to your check-in process.

When we checked in last month in Port Everglades we had our Set Sail Passes on the app. For some reason, as we were checking in, the app on my (adult) son's phone would not work so he could not access his Set Sail Pass. We were right in front of him and ours worked fine. The security agent apparently didn't want to deal with a delay so he said "go ahead, don't worry about it".

Our last cruise, I left my folder of cruise paperwork on the kitchen counter.  Arrived in Tampa & figured out I left it, so I tried printing out our setsail at the hotel.  Found out you have to do it 3 days prior.  Arrived at the terminal & the people checking at the doors just looked us up on a printed document they had.  Took maybe a minute longer.   The couple behind us had no idea what a setsail pass even was.

• Like 1

On our last Celebrity cruise, we were outside the window to print.  I left it to the night before and it was too late.

Like others have said, our names were on an extensive manifest - and my name was very difficult to find.  He found hubby and the kids and let us through.  At the check in desk , they printed the docs for us, and we had to sign everything.  Thanks for the reminder.

I'm putting a reminder in my calendar now to print the docs one week ahead of time!

7 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

That depends on how efficient the security agents at the door are.

Some of them can be very slow in finding you on the manifest.  😉 

A small inconvenience to be sure, but as you noted, the point of these answers on this thread is to reassure the OP, or any other traveler that even though you may not have your SetSail Pass with you, you are still going to get on the ship. 

23 hours ago, Jasonmom said:

I know, I know, I should have printed out my boarding docs last month, but I didn't.  Right now the Royal Caribbean site will not let me log on.  I leave tomorrow.  What happens if I show up without my boarding docs?  

Navigator is on the app. Did you check in via the app? This is the first time I didn’t print them out because it’s on the app. We’ll see how it works. See you tomorrow 😉