Age of p&o cruisers

Vampiress88

We are 60 and 68, first cruise on QEII in 2006, we have been on 6 different cruiselines but the majority of our cruises have been with P+O.

We prefer adult only ships as I am allergic to children. However, to be fair, we haven't had any trouble caused by youngsters even when they have been on board with us.

• Haha 1

our ages 46 and 48

first cruise for me was aged 15 in 1988 - school trip around Greece, Israel and Turkey to cover geography, history and classics. 

First cruise for hubby was the same but in 1986 - his dad organised them. 

Our next cruise was our honeymoon with NCL in 1997 around the Caribbean. 

and a 22 year gap we will be going on with P and O on azura for Christmas around the Caribbean - this will be our children's first cruise and they very much looking forward to it - its worlds apart from our usual holidays - think they have only done one package type holiday and that was because i was 6 months pg. 

2 hours ago, durhamgirl said:

We are 75 and 77. First cruise with Fred in 2000 then decided to try a big ship which was Artemis. 

Ha ha.  We cruised on a Page & Moy ship and then tried the HUGE Artemis!!  LOL  And met you!  You're not on Aurora next week are you?  Or in October?

Edited by jeanlyon

Jean No not on Aurora next week, were on the Northern Lights in February and just had a seaside holiday at Paphos for 3 weeks.! October we are thinking about at the moment we seem to be doing so many places again and again now! Hope you are both well haven’t seen you for a while. 

Rosemary

We're 58 and 56. First cruise was in around 1991/92 on Canberra, followed by Sea Princess in 1994. Then had a 17 year break, returning to cruising with our teenage children on RCI Voyager of the Seas in 2011. We cruise once every couple of years and have since been on Aurora x 2, Azura and Britannia.

Most people are parents/grandparents and don't mind children. As another poster said, there are plenty of adult-only ships to cater for those who prefer a child-free ship. I'm sure that even if your children are playing up - and they all do, even (especially!) the teens -  people will understand and appreciate your efforts to calm them.

Hope you have a lovely holiday.

23 hours ago, waughy said:

our ages 46 and 48

first cruise for me was aged 15 in 1988 - school trip around Greece, Israel and Turkey to cover geography, history and classics. 

First cruise for hubby was the same but in 1986 - his dad organised them. 

Our next cruise was our honeymoon with NCL in 1997 around the Caribbean. 

and a 22 year gap we will be going on with P and O on azura for Christmas around the Caribbean - this will be our children's first cruise and they very much looking forward to it - its worlds apart from our usual holidays - think they have only done one package type holiday and that was because i was 6 months pg. 

It's a slippery slope waughy! We'd enjoyed cruising so much before children, we promised ourselves that we would take them on a cruise one day. We did, they loved it and haven't looked back. DD in particular is totally hooked. Now when we discuss family holidays, cruising is always pretty near the top of the choices. I hope you and your family have a wonderful time.

5 hours ago, Monorail Orange said:

I thought I was going to be the youngest on here, but two have beaten me (just!). Anyway... I'm the wrong side of 35.

I still seem to be the youngest. No idea how that happens cos I usually feel old. Unfortunately I look 50 and Im going grey.... blaming the kids

Weird question but do people on here do “trip reports” 

7 minutes ago, sidekick180 said:

I will be 59 on 3rd May, day before we embark on Azura. Other half is 46.

Oh you have timed that wrong, you will miss out on the waiters in the mdr singing happy birthday in their own special way.,..

Have a great birthday and fantastic cruise and as you are sailing on May 4th, happy Star Trek day....

Andy

6 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

My husband has his birthday on board. He would hate being sung to

I had my birthday on board Aurora in December and managed to keep a low profile, although there seemed to be a birthday around us every night in the mdr.

I did return to the cabin to a message from the reception staff singing happy birthday in various accents and did get a few chocolates and card left in the room, which was nice.

Andy

4 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I had my birthday on board Aurora in December and managed to keep a low profile, although there seemed to be a birthday around us every night in the mdr.

I did return to the cabin to a message from the reception staff singing happy birthday in various accents and did get a few chocolates and card left in the room, which was nice.

Andy

Thats nice. Did they know cos of your booking? My hubby wouldn’t ever tell anyone. And I’m not buying him nowt. He wants to go to beach house so will treat him to that 

3 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Thats nice. Did they know cos of your booking? My hubby wouldn’t ever tell anyone. And I’m not buying him nowt. He wants to go to beach house so will treat him to that 

We never told anybody, so assume they knew from the booking details.

The Beach House is great for an informal Birthday treat, I am sure he will love it.

Have a fantastic time,

Andy

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Oh you have timed that wrong, you will miss out on the waiters in the mdr singing happy birthday in their own special way.,..

Have a great birthday and fantastic cruise and as you are sailing on May 4th, happy Star Trek day....

Andy

Isn’t that Star Wars day?

The table next to us last week had a birthday and the staff singing to them - it was a little cringy, but I guess some enjoy it 🙂

3 minutes ago, arendale1 said:

Isn’t that Star Wars day?

The table next to us last week had a birthday and the staff singing to them - it was a little cringy, but I guess some enjoy it 🙂

Ha ha..

Wondered who would be the first to fall for it.

Andy

What's the relevance of knowing people's ages, just out of curiosity?  

We could make it really interesting (and controversial) by adding academic achievements, income, size of house, favourite newspaper, political allegiance...........

.........or maybe not.

2 minutes ago, Tom Marton said:

What's the relevance of knowing people's ages, just out of curiosity?  

We could make it really interesting (and controversial) by adding academic achievements, income, size of house, favourite newspaper, political allegiance...........

.........or maybe not.

Stick to worrying about toilet roll Tom, you are confusing me now.

I suppose the OP was just trying to get a guide of the demographic of who they are engaging with.

Seems fair enough to me, we don't have to answer.

Andy

9 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Stick to worrying about toilet roll Tom, you are confusing me now.

I suppose the OP was just trying to get a guide of the demographic of who they are engaging with.

Seems fair enough to me, we don't have to answer.

Andy

A very good point, if I might say so.  Let's add in the toilet roll brand - it's a key demographic indicator. Waitrose Cashmere Quilted anyone?

Kind regards - Tom  🚾

27 minutes ago, Tom Marton said:

A very good point, if I might say so.  Let's add in the toilet roll brand - it's a key demographic indicator. Waitrose Cashmere Quilted anyone?

Kind regards - Tom  🚾

I can't have anything too soft Tom, I won't go into the reasons why...

Andy