Age of p&o cruisers

Vampiress88

I am now 61,  started cruising with Cunard at age of 7 in 1964.  First P&O cruise in 1968 on Oronsay.  Since then have done many cruises as my father was a travel agent then I worked at the same travel agents for fifteen years.

Regards John

And I thought this thread would be from someone worried that they wouldn't 'fit in' on their cruise!  We're early  50s and appear to have come quite late to the party as our first cruise was 9 years ago on Ventura.  Our son is 19 and now it's no longer cool to go with mum & dad is taking his girlfriend on Britannia in June. I wish I'd had the opportunity (and money) at that age.

31 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Well we are all participating, how about you?

Its just for fun...

Andy

Im 31 this year. Went on my first cruise 2012 when I was 24. 

We have one cruise this year and two next year currently booked. 

Just for fun...... it was another thread that claimed most were in 60s so wondered if there was any truth to it. 

I dont really remember taking much notice at ages when I last went on a cruise. My only thought was I saw a pregnant woman quite far along as then wondered if they had different rules to flying. 

As majority is of an older generation to me what do you all think of children on cruises? 

Mine are currently 3 & 4. We will be going during term time this year 

next year they will be 4 & 5 but this will be during school holidays when I assume it will be more acceptable by most as it says cruise on school holidays on the listing. 

2 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Im 31 this year. Went on my first cruise 2012 when I was 24. 

We have one cruise this year and two next year currently booked. 

Just for fun...... it was another thread that claimed most were in 60s so wondered if there was any truth to it. 

I dont really remember taking much notice at ages when I last went on a cruise. My only thought was I saw a pregnant woman quite far along as then wondered if they had different rules to flying. 

As majority is of an older generation to me what do you all think of children on cruises? 

Mine are currently 3 & 4. We will be going during term time this year 

next year they will be 4 & 5 but this will be during school holidays when I assume it will be more acceptable by most as it says cruise on school holidays on the listing. 

I wouldn't worry what people think about children on cruises, it is their holiday as well, there are plenty of adult only options for those who do not want to be around kids.

We don't mind them around, but usually travel in term time, so haven't experienced the hoards..

Andy

5 minutes ago, zoe sproodle said:

We have no problem with children.  As I said earlier our son is now too old to cruise with us so we are no longer constrained by school holidays, yet we have 2 cruises booked in.....school holidays.

Lol 😂 

im sure the cruises are cheaper in term time. 

Saying that my aunt used to go in August to Florida each year. And even though she is retired and my cousin isn’t in school anymore she still went in August last year which is even crazier prices !

Really hope people don’t mind kids. I do my best to help them behave but doesn’t always go to plan. Plus it’s a short cruise so if it goes pear shaped it’s short lived. 

Now both 62. First cruise was age 13 on a school cruise on Nevasa to the Baltic and Leningrad (as it was then ) in 1970. Coincidentally, Hubby’s first cruise was also a school cruise to the Baltic on Uganda. He was 16 at the time. (We didn’t know each other then). Didn’t cruise again till 1996 when we  took our teenage children on Carousel (Airtours) round the Med. We’ve been on about 30 since, just the two of us, on various lines, mainly P&O now.

Chronological age or psychological age? I went on a Baltic cruise on Arcadia a number of years ago. The average age aboard was 63 but it felt more like 83, the ship was totally dead socially.

Personally I am approaching 70 but inside I reckon about 6, anyway that's what people tell me