Flights from Fort Lauderdale airport

Wonder18

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Am I the only one skeptical that EZ would have a 10 AM flight from FLL on the actual day of departure?

Wonder18, are you sure the 10 AM  EZ Air flight is not for the next day?  I have seen this before.

it is a little early for my comfort zone, but I would think you ours be OK.

It does seem strange that such an early disembarkation day flight would be permissible, but then EZAir's default flight day for the embarkation is the "day of" the cruise rather than the much more comfortable "day before".

6 hours ago, lx200gps said:

It does seem strange that such an early disembarkation day flight would be permissible, but then EZAir's default flight day for the embarkation is the "day of" the cruise rather than the much more comfortable "day before".

Yes, I checked without a booking and it does certainly indicate that a 10 AM flight is OK.

If you don't have any hold ups from the ship and disembark yourselves, you have a good shot at making it.  We once missed a noon flight because everyone was held on the ship until they took care of some criminal business with a couple of passengers.  Other times there have been weather delays in getting into port.  

We have left from that airport twice in the past six months,. The place is an absolute  zoo from about 9:00 a.m. on until about noon.  If you have a flight that is more than four hours away, you can't check your luggage so you can't go through security. Unfortunately, our last flight was not until 4:00 p.m.  There is no place to sit outside of security nor any place to get food other than a vending machine.   I couldn't even get a wheel chair to sit in even though I am a card carrying mobility challenged individual as they were all being held for those that had immediate departures and mine was several hours away. We did learn that if you take the escalator/elevator down one flight, there were some chairs and tables vacant down there.  At one, all the chaos had cleared out.