I love Oceania (and other cruise lines) and proud of it!

Petoonya

32 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Hi Shawnino,

Because it's an Oceania board I'll try to be brief.  My loves about Windstar: the 2 sailing ships are very small (148 passengers); love those sails themselves (when they go up it just takes my breath away), love being so close to the water and feeling a warm breeze anywhere you go onboard; love that the ship is so small it actually feels like it's your own ship. Love the sports platform- tube, swim, sail, waterski, paddle board, kayak anytime. Service is impeccable- same as Oceania. And while I'd give Oceania a 4.7 for dining I'd give Windstar a 4.9. I can't speak for all the ships but Wind Spirit is very special.

But Oceania has positives that Windstar doesn't. If you are at all interested hang out a bit on the WS board. Hope to see you on one or the other 🙂

I will be doing our first cruise on O next year with a TA to The Med and again another O cruise while we are over in Europe at that time. We love WS too!! We have done 2 cruises to Greece as well as Italy!! You described her perfectly!! I will always remember the sails going up as we were leaving Venice and they were playing the music 1492 loud as we sailed out!! That was a event we will always remember! Thanks for this blog!

Denise😊

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

I didn't. The 35 people excursions really turned me off. Especially in FP.  We're still holding space on 2/19/21 but in all probability we'll cancel. We've been diving and snorkeling in FP,  Oz and Hawaii since we were kids. Can't imagine doing it in chest deep water with a big group.

What about you- which So Pacific cruise are you going to do?

We booked feb 9th. 

1 minute ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

I will be doing our first cruise on O next year with a TA to The Med and again another O cruise while we are over in Europe at that time. We love WS too!! We have done 2 cruises to Greece as well as Italy!! You described her perfectly!! I will always remember the sails going up as we were leaving Venice and they were playing the music 1492 loud as we sailed out!! That was a event we will always remember! Thanks for this blog!

Denise😊

If you love WS you're also going to be gaga over Oceania! Similar vibe. Yes....the first time we did WS was also in FP on the now sunken Wind Song. At that time Vangelis "Chariots of Fire" was what they played when the sails unfurled. Still gives me chills thinking about it. And Wind Spirit in FP in December was also Conquest of Paradise from 1492!

15 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

That's wonderful! I guess you'll be doing the Fiji cruise then too?

No, we’ll be dropping Fiji. Can’t do both. Well add a week in Hawaii before and after. Probably Kauai and Maui. The 9th dates worked really well using Hawaiian from Honolulu.