I love Oceania (and other cruise lines) and proud of it!

Petoonya

I should let this just slide but sometimes I get peeved, and I feel comfy with everyone here.

Visited the Regent board to inquire about a cruise. I found a great deal on a 10 day Regent FP that rivaled Oceania's price especially adding in R's included excursions and alcoholic beverages. I asked for a comparison of those 2 lines. 99% of the responses I received were extremely helpful. I made one little mistake. Several people also added that the ONLY way to do Tahiti is PG. I replied that I'd just gotten off Wind Spirit and preferred them to PG (did PG several years ago). Again people replied kindly except for one woman, who visits the O board on occasion, and always disses O.

So this person, even though she's never sailed WS, piled on them! My sensitivity is my problem but my Irish is up. Asking for help with a choice is not an invitation to disparage a completely different line. Is it? Yeah, I'm overly sensitive and had I not known that this person also dumps on O it probably would not bother me so much.

Off my soapbox. And if anyone responds I'll be settled and laughing about my irritation in a few hours.

I love WS especially if it's Tahiti and I can scrape up the fare. And especially LOVE O's Tahiti. Just needed info about Regent to compare. And maybe I'd like Regent too if I gave that a try. One sour apple doesn't mean the whole ship is full of them. I like hearing people's impressions of O and other lines but if you're going to pile ona different line too hold the darn tongue till you cruise them first.  I hope this thread doesn't get canned....thanks for letting me spout off.

Edited by Petoonya
  • Like 3

I've already calmed down. If I remember correctly the general response when the woman used to come here regularly and get people riled about O was to IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE. Got it off my chest-feel much better- and I really can IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE now.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

You know a large Guinness generally will help with this. Enjoy whatever cruise you choose. Cheers!

LOL!!!!  Dh and I opened a nice chardonnay a few hours ago and I'm feeling no pain. Thanks for your wise words 🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

You got it Paul! You've been plagued by this contributor in the past if I remember correctly. Sending you good thoughts!

Appreciate your good thoughts.

I am often tempted to engage people I should not but I am learning to just ignore (occasionally the temptation gets the better of me 🙂).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paulchili said:

Appreciate your good thoughts.

I am often tempted to engage people I should not but I am learning to just ignore (occasionally the temptation gets the better of me 🙂).

You crack me up Paul. Your posts are always a joy.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mura said:

I can sympathize with your antipathy for someone who criticizes a line they've never been on!  I think IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE is the best path to take.

Mura

Mura, you are such a loving, gentle soul. Thanks for your thoughtfulness.

• Like 2

I guess I'm the opposite: if someone wants to come on here and disparage O (or X, or A, or some letter in the Russian alphabet), I'm up for reading about it. I like the idea that this can be Cruise Critic sometimes, and not always Cruise Cuddle.

I completely agree though: don't let them get you down about your choices. (I think when my wife and I get around to So.Pacific, we're looking at Aranui.) If you're happy on O (I am) or WS (I've never tried) or something else I think that's fantastic.

The CC'ers I have on my 'ignore' list are not the haters but are the ones with 20,000 posts but nothing ever useful to say. 

Edited by Shawnino
typo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CintiPam said:

Thanks.  I did not realize there was an Ignore list!

hover your mouse over their avatar  a window  will open up  at the bottom click IGNORE USER  then it will go to your ignore page 

click the boxes & update

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shawnino said:

I guess I'm the opposite: if someone wants to come on here and disparage O (or X, or A, or some letter in the Russian alphabet), I'm up for reading about it. I like the idea that this can be Cruise Critic sometimes, and not always Cruise Cuddle.

I completely agree though: don't let them get you down about your choices. (I think when my wife and I get around to So.Pacific, we're looking at Aranui.) If you're happy on O (I am) or WS (I've never tried) or something else I think that's fantastic.

The CC'ers I have on my 'ignore' list are not the haters but are the ones with 20,000 posts but nothing ever useful to say. 

I like your style! You are right it's not "cruise cuddle". I was objecting to the attack by her on Windstar when she'd never been on it. I've yet to see anyone here agree with that kind of arrogance. I know it's insecurity and cruising we just sometimes have to  "go high when others go low". Thanks for your input and wish you the very best!

4 hours ago, LHT28 said:

put them on the ignore list  then you do not see their posts 

easier to ignore them that way 😄

jMO

Thanks LHT. It's a fools errand to read responses like hers. Best to you!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORV said:

I usually don't put anyone on ignore, as I never know who or what will amuse me. 

Ha ha ha! I need to adopt that attitude. Maybe get to a place where things don't irritate as much as seem comical.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Shawnino said:

Petoonya, just cos you are watching this thread, what is it about WS that you really like?

I don't think I know anyone who has cruised them.

Hi Shawnino,

Because it's an Oceania board I'll try to be brief.  My loves about Windstar: the 2 sailing ships are very small (148 passengers); love those sails themselves (when they go up it just takes my breath away), love being so close to the water and feeling a warm breeze anywhere you go onboard; love that the ship is so small it actually feels like it's your own ship. Love the sports platform- tube, swim, sail, waterski, paddle board, kayak anytime. Service is impeccable- same as Oceania. And while I'd give Oceania a 4.7 for dining I'd give Windstar a 4.9. I can't speak for all the ships but Wind Spirit is very special.

But Oceania has positives that Windstar doesn't. If you are at all interested hang out a bit on the WS board. Hope to see you on one or the other 🙂

Edited by Petoonya
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Petoonya, did you book Regent? Which date are you looking at? 

I didn't. The 35 people excursions really turned me off. Especially in FP.  We're still holding space on 2/19/21 but in all probability we'll cancel. We've been diving and snorkeling in FP,  Oz and Hawaii since we were kids. Can't imagine doing it in chest deep water with a big group.

What about you- which So Pacific cruise are you going to do?