MILLENNIUM AQUA CABINS

Newbury newbie

I’m looking to make a reservation on Millie for 2020 and ideally in Aqua Class. The X booking process is offering only 4 cabins as A2 (9105; 9040; 9042 & 9045) and 2 as A1 (1000 & 1006). Does anyone have any knowledge of these particular cabins and can comment? I’ve searched the M Class cabin thread, and spreadsheet, and not found much to help me there. I can see that the A1 offerings are the new ones in the spa area and I was erring on counting these out. My concern with the remaining A2’s is that they haven’t been booked because there’s something undesirable with these. 

1 hour ago, Newbury newbie said:

I’m looking to make a reservation on Millie for 2020 and ideally in Aqua Class. The X booking process is offering only 4 cabins as A2 (9105; 9040; 9042 & 9045) and 2 as A1 (1000 & 1006). Does anyone have any knowledge of these particular cabins and can comment? I’ve searched the M Class cabin thread, and spreadsheet, and not found much to help me there. I can see that the A1 offerings are the new ones in the spa area and I was erring on counting these out. My concern with the remaining A2’s is that they haven’t been booked because there’s something undesirable with these. 

I was on the renovated Millennium in Aqua 9116 last month. Although not the cabins you referenced, please look at what is located above them. I had Oceanview Cafe above mine, and often in early morning or late at night I could hear what sounded like heavy rolling carts. Also, because of the overhang, the balcony does not receive direct sunlight. I didn’t mind, but some people do. For me, the perks for Aqua, especially dining in Blu, still made it worth the small inconveniences.

Have you looked at the A1 cabins on deck 11?  I presume they are still there as well as the newly added ones.  The 5 aft ones are great with large balconies, 1140 being the largest.   I haven't sailed in one of these yet after they put the movie screen up top.  Some say you can hear the movie when you are out on your balcony but not when inside the cabin.  We will see on Summit later this year.

OP was referring to the only cabins still available for her desired cruise and asking about those.

BTW, we are reserved in one of the new spa cabins, 1012, on the Summit in May.  I’ll report back.

Edited by PRH
Addition to script

4 hours ago, PRH said:

OP was referring to the only cabins still available for her desired cruise and asking about those.

Correct, there are only 6 in total A1/A2 cabins left for our sailing in Feb 2020. By the way this OP is 100% all him!!  😂😂😂

• Like 1

Been on Millie and most other M class ships.  Of the limited choices you have I would go with 9105.  Here's why:

9040 & 9045 - Being right next to the extended balcony slant cabin, the balconies of these rooms are less private.  Have stayed in 8046 (the extended cabin one deck down on on deck 8, and I could see the entire balcony of the cabin next door.  Not private at all.

9042:  Is a bit more private, but still not great.

1000: right next to the aerobics studio...no thank you!

1000 & 1006: right underneath Cosmo Lounge.  Isn't that the night club?  I'd wait to read reviews about that.

That leaves 9105.  That would be my pick.

Aqua class was a genius move by Celebrity.  Take some less desirable cabin locations and charge more for them by adding a few perks.  Very smart!

On 4/15/2019 at 5:31 PM, PelicanLvr said:

Been on Millie and most other M class ships.  Of the limited choices you have I would go with 9105.  Here's why:

9040 & 9045 - Being right next to the extended balcony slant cabin, the balconies of these rooms are less private.  Have stayed in 8046 (the extended cabin one deck down on on deck 8, and I could see the entire balcony of the cabin next door.  Not private at all.

9042:  Is a bit more private, but still not great.

1000: right next to the aerobics studio...no thank you!

1000 & 1006: right underneath Cosmo Lounge.  Isn't that the night club?  I'd wait to read reviews about that.

That leaves 9105.  That would be my pick.

Aqua class was a genius move by Celebrity.  Take some less desirable cabin locations and charge more for them by adding a few perks.  Very smart!

Totally agree with 9105 as the best of those available. We were in the angled balcony cabin 9038 a few years ago and enjoyed it, but thus know that 9040, 9042 and 9045 are still available because the window cleaning equipment is often parked in front of them!

Don't forget, if you are booking now for next year additional Aqua cabins could very easily come open. 

Take the best cabin available (9105) now and check back to see what's available. It has worked welll for us.

11 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Totally agree with 9105 as the best of those available. We were in the angled balcony cabin 9038 a few years ago and enjoyed it, but thus know that 9040, 9042 and 9045 are still available because the window cleaning equipment is often parked in front of them!

Ahhhh yes,  The dreaded window washing equipment.  Don't want to be blocked by that!!

11 hours ago, alcpa1 said:

Don't forget, if you are booking now for next year additional Aqua cabins could very easily come open. 

Take the best cabin available (9105) now and check back to see what's available. It has worked welll for us.

Absolutely good advice. When we've booked a less than desirable cabin, we've always been able to move to a better option. I think people book the aft cabins on Deck 11 because they're available, even if they're not sure about the cruise. Then, when they cancel later, the great cabins open up. Just be diligent about checking.

Edited by 2theship