Ridiculously bad meal at Cagneys on Escape

allyfrizzle

Cagney’s on the Getaway was quite good last night. Service was excellent and the sides were delicious -sautéed broccoli and cheesy polenta. The strip steak was cooked perfectly and very flavorful but could have been trimmed better. The shrimp is $5.99 with gratuity. Disappointingly soft and bigger than last year but not big enough to justify the cost. I was told one app, one soup or salad, one entree and two sides. I was also told i’d  be charged for my cappuccino but then the waiter said he comped it. I always order one and have never been charged. The seven layer cake is still superb. Food coma!

sounds like the Cagney's experience is pretty hit or miss. Our last 2 times have been more miss than hit, but both were on the Dawn. We have had other very positive experiences. If we decide to go next time I am looking forward to a positive experience as we are not going to be on the Dawn.  In fact the only part of our last 2 Dawn cruises have been specialty dining rooms. WE have had a few disappointments.