My first cruise - still a month away

FGJones

Armonia on May 27 is my first ever cruise.  

Is it normal to be THIS excited over a month in advance 😂

I want to try every drink and every meal and attend every event and every excursion. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FGJones said:

Armonia on May 27 is my first ever cruise.  

Is it normal to be THIS excited over a month in advance 😂

I want to try every drink and every meal and attend every event and every excursion. 

Whether it be your first or your twenty first it is always exciting. I'm on the Seaside on the May 25 and soooooo excited and this is not my first cruise. Try and take time to enjoy cos you will be hooked on cruising and have loads more in the future. Have a great time. 

• Like 3

I always envy someone doing their first cruise as they have no idea of the experience that awaits them.  Regular cruisers tend to forget just how different life onboard a ship seems for those who've never cruised before.

It is perfectly understandable to be THAT excited.  I can't wait for our first cruise on Seaview in August (it'll be our 22nd MSC and my 24th cruise).  We're also really excited about our October cruise, too.  We've upgraded our drinks packages on both and are already checking out the bar menus to plan the drinks that are a "must try".  I totally relate to your anticipation.  😊

If I'm not mistaken, you started the first thread regarding Armonia's Miami-Cuba itinerary "MSC Armonia - Nitty Gritty Questions".  I have an email from CC with that title showing on a list of emails on my iPad that won't delete, LOL.

4 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

If I'm not mistaken, you started the first thread regarding Armonia's Miami-Cuba itinerary "MSC Armonia - Nitty Gritty Questions".  I have an email from CC with that title showing on a list of emails on my iPad that won't delete, LOL.

Yes that was me.  I promise I didn't corrupt the iPad 😂

I also started a thread where I called the ship a boat and fretted that I would be bored to death on board.  I've read so much since then about cruising and SHIPS and MSC and Havana and now rather than being bored I fear that I will miss so much because there's not enough time and I can only eat and drink so much in eight days.  It's also worth noting that I don't really drink in real life so it's going to be a challenge to try all the yummy drinks  I see on the menus.  I guess that's the beauty of the Deluxe plan.  There's not rule that I have to finish the drinks I don't love. 

1 hour ago, FGJones said:

Yes that was me.  I promise I didn't corrupt the iPad 😂

LOL.  :classic_biggrin:

You're right ... you don't have to finish the drinks you don't like, but it's a great opportunity to try them out.

We're going on our 3rd cruise, this time on the Seaside, in less than 2 weeks and we're even MORE excited than we were on our first because we know how wonderful the whole cruise experience is and can't WAIT to escape everyday life for more marvelous days cruising!

I can't wait to hear how things go for you, good luck!

Edited by karmamule
Clarifying a phrase
  • Like 1

Perfectly normal. We sail in 5 weeks and I'm super excited. And I agree with Karma, I'm more excited now each time we cruise, as I anticipate the experience we'll have. 

You used to be able to see the ship webcams on the website and we'd be stalking the ship for weeks in advance.

I know, I really need to get out more :classic_biggrin:

I think I'm just excited to be getting away for a while.i have 2 more cruises booked but I'm honestly getting tired of cruising.especially the long journey to port to embark.but we will see after the last one if it will be the last.i miss my simple land vacations with a 4-5 hour drive instead of 15.

4 hours ago, scpirate said:

i miss my simple land vacations with a 4-5 hour drive instead of 15.

Until now all my travels have been land based but lots of air travel to get to them.  Can you fly to which ever port you use?  A 15 hour drive does sound  agonizing.  We’re sailing out of Miami, FL but flying there from Cleveland, OH.

It must be such a blow, FG - it's such a shame that the fragile relationship that was building between Cuba and America has been fractured (regardless of the reason - I don't want your thread to descend into a political scrap).

4 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Cuba may have to be removed from the itinerary, CF.

I’m cynical and assuming it is subbed with two days at Nassau. My sister is optimistic and think we may still dock there but those of us holding US passports will stay in the ship and the entertainment will be brought to us. 

11 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Noooo 😥

I didn't see the date in the article in my panic, will keep our fingers crossed it isn't. It's the only reason we booked, certainly do not want to go to Nassau for 2 days. 

To clarify, I made the Nassau part up.  No one has suggested that will be the solution they offer. 

We've not booked the additional flights and hotels yet Bea, so I'll wait and see what is happening first. We'd possibly consider cancelling because Cuba was the reason for booking. 

FG, I did appreciate that but somewhere like that isn't an incentive for most people booking this cruise. 

There is an alternative route which covers Belize, if the itinerary was switched to that, it maybe more interesting. 

Rereading the article, the May 2nd date seems to relate to another action not necessarily the travel. Although, it could be the way it's written. 

Our booking curse strikes again Bea.....

6 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Our booking curse strikes again Bea.....

I honestly don't know whether to laugh at that or cry for you CF.  I can only imagine the disappointment that people are feeling (it's coming across in the posts).  

Thankfully you haven't booked flights, yet, so your options remain open, at least.  If MSC have to replace Havana, hopefully it'll be with an attractive alternative such as the one you've suggested.  Otherwise, they're going to be getting an awful lot of cancellations (which may still happen;  I'm sure everyone who's booked Armonia did so for Havana).

There is clearly much disappointment and understandably so. I'll wait and see what the outcome is before we look at our options. As I only read this just before bedtime, I've not yet mentioned to DH, I couldn't face a long debate when we're not yet certain of the facts and choices. 

It's obviously way beyond the control of MSC, so I'm not sure how we'd fare with cancelling, as in the UK our deposits aren't refundable.

I imagine there are currently a lot of travel operators in a state of flux with this news. 

I don't think we can take any responsibility for this one, I'm laying blame squarely at the door of Donald, who is a prize melon!

• Like 1

The deposit isn't refundable, but they usually allow you to cruise move when something like this comes up (though there are restrictions which can sometimes make the 'offer' a redundant one).

We did have our deposit refunded, once, when they changed the itinerary from a Black Sea cruise to a Canaries one (!).  It took over 6 months, though, to get our money back, despite booking something else in the meantime.  They wouldn't 'move' the deposit over.